Will Jalen Hurts be a first round pick?

brownie man

Will Hurts go in the first round?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes he will
    • No not a first rounder

I don't think Hurts goes in the first at this point. He hasn't shown first round passing and his athleticism is limited when compared to a guy like Lamar Jackson who was still probably a better passer coming out too.

Right now, I could see someone taking a chance on him in the second but I still view him as a better runningback prospect.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2019 at 7:31 PM, Ragnarok said:

If Lamar Jackson can go 32nd with all the concerns about his ability to be an accurate passer, then Hurts can absolutely do the same.

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I would probably rather draft Hurts in the late first than Tu'a in the top 5.  

An NFL coach has to be willing to adjust their philosophy if they want one of these QB's.  I'm not saying they can't be successful, but there have to be some considerations given the skill set.  The Ravens have done that this season.  That being said, I'm not sold on Tua.  He has NFL receivers with an NFL line and NFL RBs playing against guys who will never sniff an NFL roster.  Not to say he's not talented...but I'd be mad if my team was Tanking for Tua.  

16 minutes ago, Fred13 said:

An NFL coach has to be willing to adjust their philosophy if they want one of these QB's.  I'm not saying they can't be successful, but there have to be some considerations given the skill set.  The Ravens have done that this season.  That being said, I'm not sold on Tua.  He has NFL receivers with an NFL line and NFL RBs playing against guys who will never sniff an NFL roster.  Not to say he's not talented...but I'd be mad if my team was Tanking for Tua.  

The talent on Alabama issue can be said about any player on Alabama except players in the trench. I.E Trent Richardson 

7 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Both Kyler and Barrett proved you only need one transcendent season.  Between the transfer experience in two leagues as well as playing in big games he’s seen it

Hurts is not Kyler Murray (who's Barrett?). He's clearly a limited passer and even as a runner he's not transcendent. Hurts should go no earlier than the 3rd round and probably not as a quarterback, either. That said, I think his ceiling is the 2nd.

I think it's easy to think that a guy putting up big numbers in college is good enough to go high in the draft. But players don't take their stats with them to the NFL; they take their tools.

Edited by Rich7sena