Will Jalen Hurts be a first round pick?

brownie man

Will Hurts go in the first round?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes he will
    • No not a first rounder

22 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I will go ahead and say Jalen Hurts will never be as good of a pro QB as Dak Prescott has been.  And I am not some gigantic overall fan of Dak Prescott, but when specifically compared to Jalen Hurts, yeah I am.  

I mean, that's not really a strong arm to go out on a limb on.  Dak Prescott is something more than a game manager, but he's not an elite QB.  He's probably on the better side of the QB purgatory.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, that's not really a strong arm to go out on a limb on.  Dak Prescott is something more than a game manager, but he's not an elite QB.  He's probably on the better side of the QB purgatory.

True, but you honestly think Jalen is going to be such a far superior player to Dak?  I absolutely do not believe that one.  Dak was the Offensive rookie of the year and a two time Pro Bowler.  Doubt Jalen accomplishes what Dak did his rookie year and beyond.

-great kid 

- great leader

- improved at ton throughout his college career

- his performance vs georgia in the sec title game after tua went down

- how he handled getting benched for tua

those are huge pluses that tell you what type of work ethic and character he has. To me that outweighs his deficiencies as a passer, and it shows that he cares about being great. 

I think he's going to be a mid-late 1st round pick. If he goes to the right situation I think he could be a pro bowl type player one day.

And I got my money on him going to the Steelers in round 1

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:45 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

Lincoln Riley won't jump to the NFL until he wins a championship, IMO. 

With the up-and-down performance of the Sooner Defense, I doubt that will be this year. So, it could be awhile before Riley ends up going pro.

I don't even think he leaves anytime soon.  He's got no reason to leave.  Outside of Dabo Swinney and Nick Saban, he probably has the most job security of anyone in CFB.  And when you look at Oklahoma's DC, they're only really losing CeeDee Lamb (likely) and Creed Humphrey (possibly) as early declares on the offense.  They've got 3 young former 5* recruits in Jason Haselwood, Trejan Bridges, and Theo Wease.  Tanner Mordecai and Spencer Rattler will compete for the starting QB gig.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

We ready to talk about how dumb this thread is yet or nah? 

I could still see it.  Lamb was his only functional offensive playmaker and his D was worthless.  No QB could have overcome all that.  Although he could have done better.  

I'd rather use a late first on Hurts than an early 1st on Herbert.

29 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I could still see it.  Lamb was his only functional offensive playmaker and his D was worthless.  No QB could have overcome all that.  Although he could have done better.  

I wouldn't. I don't thinking taking Herbert in the 1st is a good idea, but using a pick in the first three rounds on Jalen Hurts is a really stupid idea.

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

lol we really gonna act like he has no weapons and then talk ish about Herbert? lol 

I've stated that I don't want the Chargers to draft Herbert but he's a way better prospect than Hurts.

• Like 3