3-0 but don't trust them.

Magnifico

Only 55% of teams that have gone 2-0 since 2007 have made the playoffs.

Last year alone, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Denver, Miami and Cincinnati went 2-0 in the first 2 weeks and missed the playoffs

In 2017; Denver, Oakland, Baltimore and Detroit went 2-0 and then missed the playoffs. [Denver have done it 3 years running]

2019 Undefeated Teams after Week 3

• New England Patriots
  • LA Rams
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Green Bay Packers
  • San Francisco 49ers

Who off the above list hasn't impressed you much over the first 2 weeks or you think a favourable schedule is flattering them so far?

Edited by Magnifico
Updated

7 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

Only 55% of teams that have gone 2-0 since 2007 have made the playoffs.

Last year alone, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Denver, Miami and Cincinnati went 2-0 in the first 2 weeks and missed the playoffs

In 2017; Denver, Oakland, Baltimore and Detroit went 2-0 and then missed the playoffs. [Denver have done it 3 years running]

2019 Undefeated Teams after Week 2

• New England Patriots
  • LA Rams
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Green Bay Packers
  • San Francisco 49ers
  • Seattle Seahawks

Who off the above list hasn't impressed you much over the first 2 weeks or you think a favourable schedule is flattering them so far?

I can only cross off 2 reasonably. Almost all of those are favorites to win their division. Or they are the Seahawks/Packers, which have great QBs and a pretty solid history of making the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

i dont trust the bills and 49ers. now that ben is done for the season, i don't see anyway ravens miss playoffs besides injuries. with the emergence of lamar, ravens are now one of the most complete teams in the league with borderline top 5 offense and defense.

Need to pump the brakes a bit here man. I do think we are division favorites and arguably the third best AFC team but it's not this easy. (I'm also a Ravens fan).

Edited by M.10.E

Depends on what you mean by "trust". 

The 49ers are probably a 7-9 win team (that's what I projected before the season), and I picked them to win 9 overall. Do I trust them to do that and be in the playoff hunt until the end of the season? Yeah, I kind of do (health permitting), though a lot will depend on the fallout from the Staley injury, which is huge. Are they a competitor for the super bowl or something? Oh god no. But I think it's a team that could be in the playoff conversation until the end. Their first two games were on the road (where they were 0-8 last year), so now they have 14 remaining with 8 at home. They were a bad team last year and have the benefit of a light schedule. Here's the remaining schedule

• Pittsburgh - Ben is now out for the year
  • Clevaland
  • Rams
  • Washington
  • Carolina
  • Arizona
  • Seattle
  • Arizona
  • Green Bay (this is the game that Staley would likely be back for)
  • @Baltimore
  • @Saints
  • Falcons (at home)
  • Rams 
  • Seahawks

Now, admittedly, that end slate of games is pretty brutal. But I think that there are certainly 8 "winnable" games on that slate. They 49ers split last year with Seattle with Nick Mullens at quarterback. Even if you assume beat downs at the hands of Rams twice, Baltimore, New Orleans, you have 10 games left to find 7 or 8 wins. Cleveland will be tough. Washington is definitely winnable. Has Carolina super impressed anyone at this point? Arizona will be a dogfight, they are much more competitive than I thought, but those games are winnable. Green Bay hasn't been firing on all levels yet, and the 49ers almost beat them in Green Bay last year with Beathard, that could be winnable with Staley back. The Falcons game would be at home, and I can't imagine that anyone would feel super comfortable taking the falcons in that game, even if they may be favorite. 

• Like 1

Just now, M.10.E said:

Need to pump the brakes a bit here man. I do think we are division favorites and arguably the third best AFC team but it's not this easy.

i think it is. steelers looked like an average team even with ben, they're not going to be doing anything this season. bengals were expected to be a bad team and they're not doing anything to prove us wrong. i was never even worried about the browns, and i don't expect to. not sure why everyone lost their crap when they got odell.  i think going 4-2 in the division is likely.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

New England is the obvious answer. Don't see them even sniffing the playoffs.

Nah New England is winning everything this year and AB will win Super Bowl MVP, and then I will proceed to cry. 

Although I’m 100000% certain this will be the last championship for the Bellichick era.