the packers have claimed tremon smith (cb/kr/pr/rb/wr/ath/emergency qb/good guy)

FinneasGage

Verified by Rob Demovsky.

The Packers have claimed CB Tremon Smith off waivers from the Chiefs. A sixth-round pick in 2018, he played in 14 games as a rookie and in the season opener this year before he was released last week. He played just 74 snaps on defense last season and the Chiefs experimented with moving to running back this offseason before he returned to defense. He played mostly on special teams last year and averaged 26.8 yards on 33 kickoff returns.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer16m ago

11 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i'm actually excited about this addition 

Super weird addition to the 53 when you've already got a return guy and lots of depth at CB, and the guy in question has bounced between offense and defense and never really found a role. All this to say, I totally agree and am curious to see what they do with him.

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

Super weird addition to the 53 when you've already got a return guy and lots of depth at CB, and the guy in question has bounced between offense and defense and never really found a role. All this to say, I totally agree and am curious to see what they do with him.

Why not? Plus specials guy and it's not like we're going to be pulling primary starters at this point. 

Good addition, he's a solid kickoff returner (he doesn't return punts). If they put him right in, that'll help save Davis' legs for more receiver duty. Davis runs 2-3 times further than any other receiver every game. Adams, Davis and MVS would be a lethal combination at receiver. Add Kumerow when we need 4, and we're going places.

from twitter

Tremon Smith also returned punts at Central Arkansas.
39 total punt returns. Returned one 65 yards for a TD. So he could replace Trevor Davis at both KR and PR, if need be

Tremon Smith averaged 26.9 yards per KOR for the #Chiefs last year, which ranked 4th in the NFL, so #Packers felt good about that. Possibly means WR Darrius Shepherd is ready to return from hamstring injury and will be used Sunday