Do NFL executives want a Patriots-Cowboys Super Bowl LIV?

Championshiporbust

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The last time they were in the Super Bowl they dropped 3. If I want to watch Goff fold like a lawn chair I can go to Home Depot and do it myself.

Yes against a very good defense that had possibly the greatest defensive mind in the history of the game as it's architect.

The Chiefs secondary is very bad and Spagnuolo is nothing compared to Belichick in terms of defensive minds.

Edited by Bolts223

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

Yes against a very good defense that had possibly the greatest defensive mind in the history of the game as it's architect.

The Chiefs secondary is very bad and Spagnuolo is nothing compared to Belichick in terms of defensive minds.

Be honest - anyone who predicted 3 points from the Rams in the SB would have been laughed at.

Yet, that's their actual result. Until proven otherwise, on the Super Bowl stage, it's reasonable to assume that an offense led by that same quarterback could potentially replicate that performance, especially when facing the best AFC representative.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Be honest - anyone who predicted 3 points from the Rams in the SB would have been laughed at.

Yet, that's their actual result. Until proven otherwise, on the Super Bowl stage, it's reasonable to assume that an offense led by that same quarterback could potentially replicate that performance, especially when facing the best AFC representative.

I predicted the game would be lower scoring than people were saying. I obviously didn't expect 13-3, but I was predicting something along the lines of 20-17. I knew that Belichick would be able to rattle Goff as he is able to with most younger QB's, and I knew that Wade Phillips would have a gameplan to slow the Pats offense does as he historically has.

I think you're really being hyperbolic here. Was Goff terrible? Yes. But you're giving virtually no credit to the Pats defense which was phenomenal in that game. The Chiefs defense has neither the personnel nor the defensive minds to pull off what the Pats did, and very few teams in the league do for that matter.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'll give you that. But maybe you weren't old enough to remember that this same Spagnuolo limited the highest scoring offensive team in NFL history at the time to 14 points.

That Giants defense was far more talented than this Chiefs defense. Spagnulo has also been the DC for some of the worst defenses in history. (2012 Saints, 2015 Giants)

Also: The Patriots offense wasn't putting up near as many points the second half of the season compared to what they were the first half.

Edited by Bolts223

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't believe for one second NFL execs give a darn which teams are in any particular Super Bowl.  

No it's mainly just TV networks that care. Specifically the TV network that is providing the SB for any given year.

Edited by Bolts223

On 9/17/2019 at 5:53 PM, Pugger said:

I don't believe for one second NFL execs give a darn which teams are in any particular Super Bowl.  

In Sept, No! Come January you bet your A$$ I think they care. What ever best represents the NFL or has the most story lines, they'd prefer IMO.