Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

After the Antonio Brown situation, have to wonder if that wouldn’t hurt Ramsey’s perceived value... as he seems like one of those guys that has a higher sense of ego. And once you pay him does that only get worse?

Teams would need to investigate and do their research for sure. That said, as a Ravens fan, I would for sure offer them a 2020 1st round pick and a conditional 4th/5th in 2021 depending on play and play. Pair him with Humphrey, Brandon Carr, and Jimmy Smith the rest of this season. Would potentially be the best cornerback crew ever assembled 1-4. Throw Earl Thomas into the mix as well.

Ramsey and AB don't have close to the same amount of off field. Ramsey is also an elite man corner who is super young at one of the more premium positions.

I don't think it's smart to overpay for a very talented but very inconsistent player who wants to also receive a huge contract as soon as he is traded unless you have terrible corners, a lot of cap room, a win now mode and a strong locker room. Not sure who fits that mold.

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That plays a factor when the trading team is a competitive one

I think Ramsey wants to get paid like no other CB in the history of the NFL, I brlieve that is the most important factor.  I never begrudge any player trying to get paid as much as possible on the 2nd contract.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just been a ton of clashes with the coaching staff. Marrone hasn't been great having a handle on the players and ultimately he's kept a terrible DC on staff that keeps using him wrong and he's been vocal about them not fully taking advantage of his strengths.

Not to mention he hates losing and we've done a lot of that.

Understood. I worry there will be no palatable deal for a player of Ramsey's caliber right off the bat, which will draw things out, and pollute the Jag's locker room (even more so than this has already done). 

Marrone's a good coach, overall. What a shame this stuff is going on...