Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

Two Chiefs firsts isnt enough.

Nothing gonna be enough for Shad Khan.

Maybe hes just making a stand? Otherwise you draft a guy and he just sits out to go somewhere else all the time. Could be a slippery slope if you set a precedent like that.

1st round picks are worth way less than we think anyways.

I'm pulling out if I'm Howie Roseman.

1. No corner is worth 2 1sts in my eyes
2. One CB isn't going to magically fix this defense.

It's an absolute travesty that we didn't pull the trigger on a Clowney deal for the price we could have gotten him for.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm pulling out if I'm Howie Roseman.

1. No corner is worth 2 1sts in my eyes
2. One CB isn't going to magically fix this defense.

It's an absolute travesty that we didn't pull the trigger on a Clowney deal for the price we could have gotten him for.

Do you think you're going to draft a corner as good as Jalen in the next two drafts?

Edited by evilpimp972

5 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Do you think you're going to draft a corner as good as Jalen in the next two drafts?

That's not the point. Fundamentally no corner is worth two 1sts. A corner can only cover one receiver. a DLineman can completely inhibit the QB from passing the ball to any target.

Edited by Danger

Yeah... after the developments of Chris Harris Jr and Patrick Peterson likely becoming available in “firesale” type scenarios... and with both players likely at more friendly costs, I’d rather save an additional pick. Have to imagine CHJr goes for a 2nd since he’s a free agent after the year (where he would net a 3rd round comp). Patrick Peterson coming off his suspension should lower his value some, I’m thinking at 29, two 2nds or a 1st would pry him away.

Both would be significantly better deals, especially considering you can extend Harris for 3rd contract type money (which is less than 2nd contract CB money) and Peterson you don’t have to extend him immediately and in the short term won’t have to pay him further guaranteed cash this season or next.

Those easily look like better deals. Thus once teams trade for those two players, there’s less teams in a bidding war and the Jags will ultimately be forced to settle after Jalen decides to hold out even further. Especially if CHJr and PP go for the above value, the new “trade market” for what an elite corner goes for will have more precedence for teams to point to in trade negotiations.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's not the point. Fundamentally no corner is worth two 1sts. A corner can only cover one receiver. a DLineman can completely inhibit the QB from passing the ball to any target.

It all depends on your system. NE is proving that you don't need great DLineman to be a good defense, but you gotta have good corners, and a lockdown corner at that.

Seattle had Sherman who was better than anyone on the Dline in 2013

Denver had Talib, Chris Harris.

Oakland had Mack and were a bad defense. Chicago has 4 good to great DLinemen. 

The Rams were a mediocre defense last year with Donald before Talib came back and made them elite.

So your theory is kinda meh

Just now, evilpimp972 said:

It all depends on your system. NE is proving that you don't need great DLineman to be a good defense, but you gotta have good corners, and a lockdown corner at that.

Seattle had Sherman who was better than anyone on the Dline in 2013

Denver had Talib, Chris Harris.

Oakland had Mack and were a bad defense. Chicago has 4 good to great DLinemen. 

The Rams were a mediocre defense last year with Donald before Talib came back and made them elite.

So your theory is kinda meh

Sure if you have a plethora of good DBacks you can do well. But one great corner can impact the game far less than one great DLineman. A good QB is just going to throw to literally anybody else unless that great corner messes up, it just results in QB's throwing to other guys instead.

It's not a theory, it's fact.

39 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah... after the developments of Chris Harris Jr and Patrick Peterson likely becoming available in “firesale” type scenarios... and with both players likely at more friendly costs, I’d rather save an additional pick. Have to imagine CHJr goes for a 2nd since he’s a free agent after the year (where he would net a 3rd round comp). Patrick Peterson coming off his suspension should lower his value some, I’m thinking at 29, two 2nds or a 1st would pry him away.

Both would be significantly better deals, especially considering you can extend Harris for 3rd contract type money (which is less than 2nd contract CB money) and Peterson you don’t have to extend him immediately and in the short term won’t have to pay him further guaranteed cash this season or next.

Those easily look like better deals. Thus once teams trade for those two players, there’s less teams in a bidding war and the Jags will ultimately be forced to settle after Jalen decides to hold out even further. Especially if CHJr and PP go for the above value, the new “trade market” for what an elite corner goes for will have more precedence for teams to point to in trade negotiations.

Everything you said makes sense but we arent settling for a trade. They’ve made it clear they arent trading him if they turned down other offers we’ve heard. Cant imagine they will take less than what they turned down. I dont think they are trying to get more, i think they just want to keep him and pretend everything is okay...and it’s not