Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

7 minutes ago, BZski said:

I dont think there is anyway the Jags get 2 1st rd picks but what do you think of this offer?

Lions get Ramsey

Jags get 2020 1st rd pick, Ashawn Robinson, and a late rd pick

Saints 2020 1st Round Pick + FS Marcus Williams 

9 hours ago, pwny said:

Jalen's job is ultimately to disrupt passing games. He does that not only with his physical traits, but he also throws guys off their game. You get in a guy's head and then you start hitting him harder, he starts getting mad, may e a little unsure of getting hit, and suddenly you've taken him off his game and can completely shut him down. Jalen wants to win. It's priority #1 for him, and he does everything he can to help facilitate that.

When Jalen was at FSU he used to look up the other team's #1 WR and slide into the DMs of their GF before the game. xDxD

Yep, I want the Eagles to trade for him.

Edited by Hockey5djh

40 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Is Coughlin that disliked right now among Jags fans?

I detailed in the link below what is going on with the team. And it all starts with Coughlin.

I think a good portion of the fanbase is finally coming around to the fact that Coughlin is alienating the players now that it involves Ramsey, but it's been evident for a while. It's easy to laugh it off or blame the player when it involves an aging player or a player who wasn't going to be in the team's long term plans, and easy to brush it off as rumors when it comes out from unnamed sources. But once your team's superstar flat out says that's why he wants out, it's much harder to ignore.

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

I detailed in the link below what is going on with the team. And it all starts with Coughlin.

I think a good portion of the fanbase is finally coming around to the fact that Coughlin is alienating the players now that it involves Ramsey, but it's been evident for a while.

Coughlin easing up with players a bit in 2007 was a huge part of why we won the Superbowl that year. It is a shame to see that he seems to have reverted back to how he was.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Coughlin easing up with players a bit in 2007 was a huge part of why we won the Superbowl that year. It is a shame to see that he seems to have reverted back to how he was.

I think a big part of it is the stuff that Coughlin eased up on was more related to coaching. Those are all things he's not involved in. Somebody else decides whether they have to push harder during practice, or whether they can play music in the locker rooms, or when they get a day off, etc. Now the players mostly only interact with him in stressful situations; contract issues and negotiations, disciplinary situations, when he speaks about them to the media, etc. and they still run on Coughlin time. Those are the areas where I don't think he ever had to relax on, and now that they're the only areas of his direct involvement, it's right back to feeling like he's the guy he was 13 years ago, even if he is technically where he was after that.

Another part of the problem is that before he came in, Dave Caldwell as GM was doing a completely terrible job of providing structure and adhering to a plan of how to build a team. So really when Coughlin came in, he was brought in to create a rigid structure to follow. And in doing so, he took it too far the other way. The proper place is somewhere between what Caldwell was doing and now where Coughlin is holding them to. But nobody there really seems to get that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think a big part of it is the stuff that Coughlin eased up on was more related to coaching. Those are all things he's not involved in. Somebody else decides whether they have to push harder during practice, or whether they can play music in the locker rooms, or when they get a day off, etc. Now the players mostly only interact with him in stressful situations; contract issues and negotiations, disciplinary situations, when he speaks about them to the media, etc. and they still run on Coughlin time. Those are the areas where I don't think he ever had to relax on, and now that they're the only areas of his direct involvement, it's right back to feeling like he's the guy he was 13 years ago, even if he is technically where he was after that.

Another part of the problem is that before he came in, Dave Caldwell as GM was doing a completely terrible job of providing structure and adhering to a plan of how to build a team. So really when Coughlin came in, he was brought in to create a rigid structure to follow. And in doing so, he took it too far the other way. The proper place is somewhere between what Caldwell was doing and now where Coughlin is holding them to. But nobody there really seems to get that.

Sounds like a Dave Gettleman situation.  Players HATED Gettleman in Carolina and multiple players in New York have basically said the same thing - he's not a nice person.  People (including me) were confused when Gettleman was fired at first, but it makes sense now.  You can't have your GM rub 90% of your players the wrong way.

Never liked Coughlin but agree with the above. Also today’s athletes are different from a decade+ ago. Social Media can make them more famous than what they do in their sport. It Can also backfire and lose endorsements.

Bodybuilding has champs Who made less money on the road to becoming the best than today’s SM competitor who has a likeable personality and has a larger following on SM.