Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

49 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Winning cures everything, and two in a row is going to do a lot to quell this discussion.

Fair, but let's say CAR beats JAX, and Ramsey sits again...what then?   The more Ramsey sits, the less JAX can exert more leverage on teams.

And remember, P-Pete becomes available by week 7, and CHJ is pretty much already getting there...just saying.  Ramsey's a way better player than either long-term, and right now, as well, but those other 2 are a LOT cheaper.   There is a way JAX can overplay this hand, as long as there are elite cover CB's other teams are willing to sell.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Fair, but let's say CAR beats JAX, and Ramsey sits again...what then?   The more Ramsey sits, the less JAX can exert more leverage on teams.

And remember, P-Pete becomes available by week 7, and CHJ is pretty much already getting there...just saying.  Ramsey's a way better player than either long-term, and right now, as well, but those other 2 are a LOT cheaper.   There is a way JAX can overplay this hand, as long as there are elite cover CB's other teams are willing to sell.

I don't think they're trying to overplay. It sounds like Shad is pretty much at a point where he has zero intentions of dealing him regardless of what he wants unless they get a deal in which they think someone overpays.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I don't think they're trying to overplay. It sounds like Shad is pretty much at a point where he has zero intentions of dealing him regardless of what he wants unless they get a deal in which they think someone overpays.

Well, if JAX keeps him on the roster and not on the restricted/reserve list, Ramsey's service time is about to kick in for year 4, and at 3.6M, he's "only" losing about 230K per game even if JAX puts him on the restricted list.   At 4 games on the active roster, he only needs 2 more to let his 4th year toll.    By playing this game, he's not even losing $ at this stage...and JAX is letting him do it this way.   It's pretty hard to see why Ramsey will change his stance on never playing for JAX again.  That can only weaken JAX's stance over time, unless they're the only game in town for a shutdown CB...which while long-term they certainly are, short-term, they're not by a long shot.

Khan can have all the best intentions in the world to stand pat, but man, it's not a great hand he's going to be playing very shortly.  I get it's probably how he feels, but it's a bad play.  By the time he reconsiders,  intentions or not, he could very well get a lower return than what's being offered if 2 1sts in indeed on the table. 

Much like how GM Elway for DEN somehow hasn't officially thrown in the towel on 2019 at 0-4... GM's and owners can genuinely feel they are right in holding firm to their position, but it doesn't make it any less of a brutally bad business decision.   Waiting more than this week or next only lets the market become more buyer-friendly, and in a big way if it's not just DEN, but DEN & ARI joining the seller market.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:
7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Here its basically Wednesday and I haven't heard a single report about him having a Hang Nail? What gives, he practicing? 

Marrone gave them Monday and Tuesday off.

Ahhh, that makes sense. So today we might see the next version of a phantom injury?

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Well, if JAX keeps him on the roster and not on the restricted/reserve list, Ramsey's service time is about to kick in for year 4, and at 3.6M, he's "only" losing about 230K per game even if JAX puts him on the restricted list.   At 4 games on the active roster, he only needs 2 more to let his 4th year toll.    By playing this game, he's not even losing $ at this stage...and JAX is letting him do it this way.   It's pretty hard to see why Ramsey will change his stance on never playing for JAX again.  That can only weaken JAX's stance over time, unless they're the only game in town for a shutdown CB...which while long-term they certainly are, short-term, they're not by a long shot.

Khan can have all the best intentions in the world to stand pat, but man, it's not a great hand he's going to be playing very shortly.  I get it's probably how he feels, but it's a bad play.  By the time he reconsiders,  intentions or not, he could very well get a lower return than what's being offered if 2 1sts in indeed on the table. 

Much like how GM Elway for DEN somehow hasn't officially thrown in the towel on 2019 at 0-4... GM's and owners can genuinely feel they are right in holding firm to their position, but it doesn't make it any less of a brutally bad business decision.   Waiting more than this week or next only lets the market become more buyer-friendly, and in a big way if it's not just DEN, but DEN & ARI joining the seller market.

I'm sure they're aware of it. We already picked up the 5th year option and he has two years worth of franchise tags as well though. Plus he's only missed one game after potentially having the flu+just having his 2nd baby.

I don't think we "keep him hostage", but the timeline for his request was also an awful time to do so. The Jaguars are clearly in contention for the division and trading the best player during a division race is super counter productive, especially for just draft picks. In the off-season would make a lot more sense and who knows, if we start winning and the guy who he clearly has a problem with is gone things could change. Although that's unlikely, I see why we're reluctant to make a move now.