Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

33 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:
11 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Just give a second for chris harris jr. 

To be fair, if your in need of a corner and in win now mode a second for Chris Harris Jr is almost robbing the Broncos.

Yeah I don't think that's remotely what Elway would except or the Eagles would of pulled that trigger by now.

13 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This situation is going to go from bad to worse, Ramsey has made it clear he wants out and the ownership has made it clear they aren't going to let him. The Jags are just going to lose leverage as time goes on as these phantom illnesses and injuries no longer work as valid excuses.

Hoping the Eagles start looking elsewhere imo. Ramsey is great, but as mentioned above there are plenty of guys in the league who could be had a much cheaper price. 

this back injury isnt phantom.  reportedly told the team about his back near the end of the game before getting sick and going to his daughters birth. 

12 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Jags should be very publicly calling Ramsay the best corner in the game and very publicly giving out an ENORMOUS asking price. 3 1sts and a 2nd etc.

Give the kid some respect, make him understand how much he's valued, if the relationship truly IS unsalvageable then everyone (including Ramsay) knows what it'll take.

He wants respect from TC, not Khan, not Marrone, not Wash

Any of the last 3 saying he is the greatest CB to ever play the game wont change the fact his beef is with TC

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He wants respect from TC, not Khan, not Marrone, not Wash

Any of the last 3 saying he is the greatest CB to ever play the game wont change the fact his beef is with TC

Maybe. Right now Coughlin is only one guy and he isn't the owner or a coach, however, so having a problem with one guy in the building doesn't usually create this kind of behavior. He may just see other elite players forcing their way into favorable situations (more money up front or winning in the playoffs) using whatever leverage is available to him. Ramsey isn't a 'problem' guy, so IMO if he's publicly playing the "I'm being disrespected" game the FO should publicly play the "You're being respected" game. It's less about what Ramsey feels and more about taking away leverage.

You hate to bring Antonio Brown into something like this, but the Jags should be using some of that leftover public opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

To be fair, if your in need of a corner and in win now mode a second for Chris Harris Jr is almost robbing the Broncos.

How? he's a rental for the rest of the year, in his reworked contract it says no usage of the franchise tag, he's walking regardless. 

If someone is willing to go 1 whole pick above comp pick value that's more than fair.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah I don't think that's remotely what Elway would except or the Eagles would of pulled that trigger by now.

What do you think he's asking for just curious? A rental on the last year of the deal isn't worth as much and you're losing leverage by the week. 

22 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm pulling out if I'm Howie Roseman.

1. No corner is worth 2 1sts in my eyes
2. One CB isn't going to magically fix this defense.

It's an absolute travesty that we didn't pull the trigger on a Clowney deal for the price we could have gotten him for.

Deion, Aso and Revis were

7 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

What do you think he's asking for just curious? A rental on the last year of the deal isn't worth as much and you're losing leverage by the week. 

See that's where like Ramsey I think Harris has more leverage on the landing spot he might be traded too. All he or Ramsey's agent has to do is tell the Organization thinking of trading for him, He's not going to negotiate a long term deal with you guys, pretty much nipping any trade in the butt before it happens. 

Not sure if that's occuring with either or both but possible? Might be the reason niether is being traded because their FO's don't view 2 late 1st or a 2nd straight up as good enough value?

If a long term deal can be reached ahead of time with Harris he's easily worth a 1st IMO. I think that's the hold up!

I also think if Either FO truly wanted to trade Ramsey or Harris they would of allowed them To Negotiate with other clubs already.  Accelerating the process! Which to my knowledge hasn't occured?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

See that's where like Ramsey I think Harris has more leverage on the landing spot he might be traded too. All he or Ramsey's agent has to do is tell the Organization thinking of trading for him, He's not going to negotiate a long term deal with you guys, pretty much nipping any trade in the butt before it happens. 

Chris just wants to win he's 30 that's all he wants is a chance to win. It's not a leverage play with him. He's just not resigning with Denver because he wants to win. He took a hugggggee discount his second contract because he thought Elway was on the same page.

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If a long term deal can be reached ahead of time with Harris he's easily worth a 1st IMO. I think that's the hold up!

I think you're over rating this aspect for a player who's 30. Still have the rest of the year to negotiate, and see how he fits the system. If he walks good possibly you get a 3 round comp pick.

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

also think if Either FO truly wanted to trade Ramsey or Harris they would of allowed them To Negotiate with other clubs already.  Accelerating the process! Which to my knowledge hasn't occured?

He's not disgruntled enough to accelerate the process. He's a consummate professional. The big fish is Ramsey until that market sets or a team decides the wait isn't worth it a second to me is a sell now price. 30,expiring contract ,wants to win.

So now that Khan has basically said he doesn't want to or won't trade Ramsey, does Jalen continue having these "injuries" keeping him off the field?

IMO a smart but not so subtle way of holding out, without actually holding out? Or does Khan back up the Brinks truck, pay him and call it a day putting this mess behind them?

34 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So now that Khan has basically said he doesn't want to or won't trade Ramsey, does Jalen continue having these "injuries" keeping him off the field?

IMO a smart but not so subtle way of holding out, without actually holding out? Or does Khan back up the Brinks truck, pay him and call it a day putting this mess behind them?

Khan has already stated he'll pay him. Jalen's just upset about TC and ultimately paying guys like Bortles, Lee, etc. yet being patient with guys who've earned it like Yann, Jalen, etc.

Idk, I get Jalen's side here but I think he's taking it too far. Especially if Khan is taking Jalen's side here (which it sounds like he is).

***STEFON DIGGS*** claims he has not requested a trade, but there is "truth to all rumors"!

STEFON does not know what his agent is doing, but is okay with that.

STEFON, after flipping through the Jalen Ramsey Medical Excuses Handbook For NFLers, chose "a cold" over back injury, leg injury, birth of child, perceived lack of respect, and disapproval of Old School Management.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27760134/vikings-stefon-diggs-lessen-speculation-says-truth-all-rumors

"EAGAN, Minn. -- Wide receiver Stefon Diggs said he hasn't requested a trade from the Minnesota Vikings, but he did not lessen any speculation about his future with the team by saying there is "truth to all rumors."

"I haven't communicated anything," Diggs said Thursday when asked whether he has formally requested to be traded. "The conversations I've had [with the Vikings] have only been about the team and trying to have success on the field."

Diggs did say, however, that he is unsure whether his agent has asked the Vikings to trade the star receiver.

"I haven't spoke to him about it," Diggs said. "You've got to talk to him."

Diggs addressed growing speculation over his dissatisfaction in Minnesota, which was compounded by his absence from Wednesday's practice. While the receiver said that a cold kept him from participating, he was listed on the daily injury report with a "non-football injury" designation."

Endearing Little Purple Riding Hood photo of Stefon Diggs:

Image result for stefon diggs

Edited by bzane
  • Like 1