It's crowded at the bottom

Dolphinmeister

Well after tonight's game there will be nine  0 and 2 teams and at least half of them will be looking for QB's in next years draft. Miami will probably even screw up a tank year if this franchise's  past history of plans not working out repeat itself. 

If things were to fall in place for next years draft and Miami could, how would you all feel about Miami drafting the top 2 QB prospects in next years draft?

I made this photoshop on a whim for another forum, but it turned out quite nicely. Thought I'd share it with ya. 

Dolphintank.jpg

As for topic, I think you can tank to get the no 1 pick this year without too much hassle. But even with plenty of cap room, can you lure in motivated UFAs to supplement the high picks? 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, Tetsujin said:

Maybe in 2021.

That's 1 of the big questions I had earlier....

-- Owner stay out of the draft decisions? (Harbaugh debacle anyone?)
-- Can we, even with 120M+ in cap space get viable/respectable vets to come to MIA? (probably going to wait and see what we do with 2020 draft, so we will miss on 2020 FAs)
-- Do we have the right people to properly evaluate and use the draft capital we have, to finally fix the problems? (especially the horrendous lines! and no reaches!!)
-- Do we have the right coordinators, on staff, to plan/adjust for games and teaching/motivating players/maximizing their potential?

Would you guys take like Pick 7 and Pick 26 (these are conservative estimates, could be like 3 and 9) for the 1st overall pick so the Raiders can get Tua? Dolphins can do a two year tank and get Lawrence. 

Is the Dolphin program interested in Tua or just tanking in general?

Edit: Carr and Two Firsts. 

Edited by BayRaider

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Would you guys take like Pick 7 and Pick 26 (these are conservative estimates, could be like 3 and 9) for the 1st overall pick so the Raiders can get Tua? Dolphins can do a two year tank and get Lawrence. 

Is the Dolphin program interested in Tua or just tanking in general?

Edit: Carr and Two Firsts. 

The rumors are coming out that strongly suggest Tua is their guy.  Or maybe the owner's guy?  Either way, it looks very likely that they wouldn't consider passing him up.  Could it be a smokescreen?  I suppose.  

I know the Rosen/Murray ordeal is fresh in everyone's mind but I don't see half of these 0-2 teams looking for a QB.

- Jags just signed Foles to a big contract

- Jets have Sam Darnold. 

- Giants just picked Daniel Jones.

- Redskins just picked Dwayne Haskins.

- Bengals I could see going QB.

- Panthers have Newton. I doubt they drop him before dropping Rivera first.

- We have Pittsburgh's pick

- Broncos I could see going QB but they did draft Lock in the 2nd round. 

I think any team not named the Bengals, Broncos or Dolphins are trading out of the 1st spot. What's scary is having a team like the Jets getting first pick and opting to trade it away to some other team rather than Miami since we're in their division and Gase, etc.. That's the scariest scenario to me.

Still we have the most ammunition in the league to sway any decision.

Edited by Emerica

• 1 month later...

Going into tomorrows game there are 3 teams with more loses then Miami, considering Miami has done all it can to unload talent and strip the team down to bare bones talent it is amazing that there are teams as bad or worse that were doing all they could to  win games going into the season. Maybe there is a little promise smoldering in the pile of ash that is this season that can be kindled into a fire storm of wins next season.