Trade Demands (Ramsey, etc.) - Who should the Lions trade for?

Karnage84

As per a suggestion, we'll update this thread as the "should we trade for player x?" discussion, especially now that Fitzpatrick is off of the market.

Jalen Ramsey has requested a trade from the Jaguars. Jaguars want at least a 1st for him. Do you think he's worth the Lions taking a look at?

UPDATED: Jags have received the following offers (according to B/R)

- 2020 1st and 2021 5th

- 2020 1st + player

Edited by Karnage84

Honestly, I feel like the secondary is maybe the best unit on the team right now aside from the receivers. Coleman and Melvin can both play and are worlds better than any #2 and #3 CBs the Lions have had in my memory.

Ramsey would make it even better, but I can't imagine he'd be happy going to the Lions unless they agreed to pay him a completely obscene, cap-destroying amount of money.

I would make the trade if we felt that upgrading our secondary is the difference between making the playoffs or not. Melvin has played well but imagine if he's our 3rd or 4th corner. Having two shutdown CB's should help with our pass rush and allow us to get more pressure on the opposing QB. This would be a top tier defense with the addition of Ramsey and the return of Hand and Davis from injury.

56 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

And fwiw, Ramsey is better than Slay.

Slay still hasn't warranted the raise he seems to want. Hes already paid as a top 5 DB I believe.

They seem to want two 1sts... plus you have to pay him. Price is getting out of the range for what I would want to do as a Lions fan.

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

Only guy I would like to trade for that has asked to be dealt is Trent Williams. Bigger need and tougher position to get right. 

Crosby and Wagner held up well against Bosa and Ingram. I'm not banking on that every week. If Decker comes back healthy, how much of a need would it really be, at least for this season?

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Crosby and Wagner held up well against Bosa and Ingram. I'm not banking on that every week. If Decker comes back healthy, how much of a need would it really be, at least for this season?

Well being that Trent Williams is a massive upgrade....YES it would be a huge need this season. When Stafford gets time and a running game he is ELITE.

3 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I highly doubt they get 2 firsts. 

But I agree nonetheless. I wouldn't do one first.

I'd do the deal "2020 1st and 2021 5th". Something along those lines. There is an opening in the division if Trubisky and Cousins both struggle. Adding one of the best man corners in the game would help shut down guys like Thielen, Diggs and Adams.