Trade Demands (Ramsey, etc.) - Who should the Lions trade for?

Karnage84

On 10/7/2019 at 1:39 PM, Karnage84 said:

Also not a trade, but I am taking a look towards the 2020 off-season while we're waiting on a MNF matchup in Green Bay.

We do have a need at LB. What are your thoughts on bringing back Kyle Van Noy? He's excelled in the Patriots defensive scheme. We will have a need at LB. He could help be an upgrade over Christian Jones.

I don’t think there is any way he would come back here. And I loved him coming out. I thought we would play him exactly like the patriots do but we didn’t. Because the Lions basically wasted his first few years I just don’t see him wanting to come back. He made it seem like it was a s*** show when he was here. 

Heard some chatter on the radio about AJ Green being traded. Jeff Risdon said Lions would go all out to get him. Not sure what "all out" is but if we could get him for a Snacks type trade I would be all over it. Played with Stafford at Georgia too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I don’t think there is any way he would come back here. And I loved him coming out. I thought we would play him exactly like the patriots do but we didn’t. Because the Lions basically wasted his first few years I just don’t see him wanting to come back. He made it seem like it was a s*** show when he was here. 

It was a s***show when he was here.  He is not wrong about that.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:01 PM, Millenhater said:

You're not wrong about what was here... but now we have guys in place that he's had success with over the last couple of years. That's an entire regime ago. A lot has changed and he'd be getting played very similarly to what he's already doing now.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, BZski said:

Heard some chatter on the radio about AJ Green being traded. Jeff Risdon said Lions would go all out to get him. Not sure what "all out" is but if we could get him for a Snacks type trade I would be all over it. Played with Stafford at Georgia too.

In his prime, this would be a no brainer. What does AJ Green at this point offer what the Lions don't already have? Marvin and Kenny are jump ball guys. Kenny is a big body and we have Hockenson as a H/W/S mismatch. Danny has reliable hands underneath. We really need a guy that has speed for days that can take the top off of a defense with reliable hands. A legitimate threat to just run past everyone and make a big play.

While he's a terrible person with a big contract and would be costly to acquire, Tyreek Hill is much closer to the type of player we need IMO. Not suggesting we make a move to get him but a guy in that mold sans the child abuse would make more sense.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:47 AM, detroitroar said:

I agree. We need a WR to take the top of the Defense. 

Any trade we make ideally would be for oline, lber or pass rusher. Those are the areas holding us back.

JJ Nelson was released. He has the speed.