Trade Demands (Ramsey, etc.) - Who should the Lions trade for?

Karnage84

8 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

I would let them have the pick of almost any player... except the obvious Stafford slay golladay and couple 2ndrp.. something like that

Decker ,Jared 2020 2nd 2021 2nd... 

Doubt they do that but most I'd do anyway

It is a team game. I'd think that Decker is more valuable to us than he is to the Jaguars at this point. If Hand seems to be on track to come back, A'Shawn could be trade bait that would allow us to keep the draft capital we need to replace him. He's also playing fairly well.

If we look at the Fitzpatrick deal:

Steelers get: Fitzpatrick, 2020 4th, 2021 7th

Dolphins get: 2020 1st, 2020 5th, 2021 6th

Fitzpatrick is younger and is going to be much more cost effective over the next few years. Ramsey is more proven and still quite young. If we could manage a trade like

Jaguars get: 2020 1st, A'Shawn Robinson, 2021 6th

Lions get: Jalen Ramsey, 2020 4th, 2021 7th

That would be a franchise changing deal IMO.

Something I saw on Twitter that made me laugh, in relation to Ramsey. 

1. He’s not a cancer. 

2. They can afford him. 

3. It’s not your money. Stop worrying about how it’s spent. 

4. Why are fans so obsessed with character? 

5. Do y’all want to win or nah?

43 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Something I saw on Twitter that made me laugh, in relation to Ramsey. 

1. He’s not a cancer. 

2. They can afford him. 

3. It’s not your money. Stop worrying about how it’s spent. 

4. Why are fans so obsessed with character? 

5. Do y’all want to win or nah?

1. Getting in a fight with the HC on the sideline during a game isn't cancerous? It's certainly not what the HC should be focusing on during the game or what a CB facing Hopkins should be focusing on.

2. Can they?

325cba5234c04556b50c481deb102081_md.jpg

3. There's a salary cap. If the salary cap is used unwisely it makes it harder for fans to enjoy the game because the team sucks more.

4. Has what Antonio Brown did to the Raiders really been forgotten by people already? You think the Raider's want to take that trade back?

5. Yes.

1. He's a cancerous type of guy imo, if you're winning things are fine, if you're losing... well... Not on T.O. type level or Brown imo, but yeah... better not be a loser with this kid on the squad. 

2. Pretty sure they can afford him.

3. Lions have 18 million or so in cap space, (what are they saving it for in season?) and have 47 million next year. Whats the point in saving any cap space outside of a couple million for emergency if you're actually trying to win? It's not our money? Why are we saving 18 million? Why do fans think it's cool we saved or have 18 million un-used in cap space with holes on the team still?

4. Something really fishy went on with Antonio Brown. KGB like moves by the Patriots and him and maybe even the Raiders, I'm not sure how a full blown investigation isn't going on with that sitaution. A normal respectable franchise would of drained Brown of his money, suspended him, and made him sit till he felt like playing again for an attempt to be traded again or something.

5. You'll never win if you don't pay good players big money. Even the Patriots do it occasionally and when they don't, they have a plan in place. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

1. He's a cancerous type of guy imo, if you're winning things are fine, if you're losing... well... Not on T.O. type level or Brown imo, but yeah... better not be a loser with this kid on the squad. 

2. Pretty sure they can afford him.

3. Lions have 18 million or so in cap space, (what are they saving it for in season?) and have 47 million next year. Whats the point in saving any cap space outside of a couple million for emergency if you're actually trying to win? It's not our money? Why are we saving 18 million? Why do fans think it's cool we saved or have 18 million un-used in cap space with holes on the team still?

4. Something really fishy went on with Antonio Brown. KGB like moves by the Patriots and him and maybe even the Raiders, I'm not sure how a full blown investigation isn't going on with that sitaution. A normal respectable franchise would of drained Brown of his money, suspended him, and made him sit till he felt like playing again for an attempt to be traded again or something.

5. You'll never win if you don't pay good players big money. Even the Patriots do it occasionally and when they don't, they have a plan in place. 

Unused cap space gets rolled into next year's cap iirc. I don't feel we're a contender with or without another stud CB. Hopefully next year we're ready to compete and the extra 18 million will come in handy. 

28 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Unused cap space gets rolled into next year's cap iirc. I don't feel we're a contender with or without another stud CB. Hopefully next year we're ready to compete and the extra 18 million will come in handy. 

Right... True, why we scared to pay players then? Right now or in the future?

All's my point is... Why not spend the money if we're really, really trying to win? Next year is always our year as a Lions fan... ;) Though Honestly the last two years I'm pretty tuned out compared to my normal self... :(

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Ramsey would be a perfect fit across from a Slay. 

Given he’s still young I would have no problem with a first.

Would you rather have Ramsey or Slay + 1st?

I have my doubts either would be alright with being the 2nd highest paid CB on the team. If we trade for Ramsey it'll probably be the end of Slay's time in Detroit.

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

Would you rather have Ramsey or Slay + 1st?

I have my doubts either would be alright with being the 2nd highest paid CB on the team. If we trade for Ramsey it'll probably be the end of Slay's time in Detroit.

I would rather Slay and Ramsey. I don’t usually like the idea of trading a first but adding Ramsey would make the Lions have two great man to man corners. I think it takes the defence to the next level.

I can’t offer any meaningful opinion on what Slay might think or feel. They may dislike each other, develop ego issues but they also might buy into the idea of the best CB duo in the NFL and work together really well.

Any move the Lions ever make has risk associated with it. 

48 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I would rather Slay and Ramsey. I don’t usually like the idea of trading a first but adding Ramsey would make the Lions have two great man to man corners. I think it takes the defence to the next level.

I can’t offer any meaningful opinion on what Slay might think or feel. They may dislike each other, develop ego issues but they also might buy into the idea of the best CB duo in the NFL and work together really well.

Any move the Lions ever make has risk associated with it. 

I don't know either guy but we'd at least wind up with two elite shutdown CB's for this season and possibly next year. Quinn has done an overall solid job at adding guys in rounds other than the 1st. This would be the first time that the Lions have had two players of that caliber on the roster (maybe ever) if not for a very long time. It would be the best secondary that I've seen over the last 13 years as a Lions fan. If Ramsey holds Patricia in a similar regard as Mike Daniels did, then it would be a really good move.

Stafford has shown me enough in the last two weeks that I would be confident in moving forward with him in the immediate and long-term plans. Adding pieces around him to help take the pressure off and not forcing a 4th quarter comeback every week would be huge. If we need to restructure his deal to open up some space then that's what we should look to do. If you're uncertain on the guy or are actively looking to replace him in the next 2 years, that would obviously be the wrong move as it just kicks the money down the road.

Apparently the Eagles, Chiefs and Seahawks are the leading contenders for Ramsey's services. Teams have inquired about Ramsey's ability to play tonight against the Titans and on Sunday. This was ruled a no go, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if Ramsey does actually play tonight.

If he doesn't, there's a chance that we could be seeing him face off against us on Sunday with the Eagles. We could also be seeing him at home on the 29th if the Chiefs make the move. Assuming no one else gets into the mix, the only ways that we don't see Ramsey on the other side of the field this regular season are: a) Jags don't trade him; b) Seahawks trade for him; c) Lions trade for him. If the Lions don't trade for him, there's a pretty good chance that we could wind up being bitten by the decision.

At least it keeps things interesting.