Trade Demands (Ramsey, etc.) - Who should the Lions trade for?

Karnage84

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Apparently the Eagles, Chiefs and Seahawks are the leading contenders for Ramsey's services. Teams have inquired about Ramsey's ability to play tonight against the Titans and on Sunday. This was ruled a no go, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if Ramsey does actually play tonight.

If he doesn't, there's a chance that we could be seeing him face off against us on Sunday with the Eagles. We could also be seeing him at home on the 29th if the Chiefs make the move. Assuming no one else gets into the mix, the only ways that we don't see Ramsey on the other side of the field this regular season are: a) Jags don't trade him; b) Seahawks trade for him; c) Lions trade for him. If the Lions don't trade for him, there's a pretty good chance that we could wind up being bitten by the decision.

At least it keeps things interesting.

If we are interested and wanted to match a reasonable offer, I'd imagine JAX would prefer our pick since most would bet it would be higher. 

49 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

If we are interested and wanted to match a reasonable offer, I'd imagine JAX would prefer our pick since most would bet it would be higher. 

Add Ravens, Vikings, Raiders into this mix. I would be very unhappy to hear the Vikings make that trade and adding to an already stout defense. Pairing Ramsey with Rhodes wouldn't be a positive outcome for us.

Lions have not been reported to be interested so far. We'll see how things shake out.

Screw it, Pay the cost, claim the identity of this kid and lets ball out. Lions, Detroit spots, We need someone, we need character(real guys not just choir boys), we need/want a star to support and belive in. Bring the kid in, fans will open there arms wide if he can contribute and the team wins. People love Blake Griffin but hate the Pistons... The city/state would love Ramsey/Lions. Especially if Ramsey embraced the city at all. 

Take the risk and go for big Lions, cmon. One time us!

Jax: 1st rdp, 5th rdp, 1st round pick in 2021 and a 6th rdp in 2021.

DET: Jalen Ramsey, and their 2021 2nd rdp. 

Edited by SimbaWho

16 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Add Ravens, Vikings, Raiders into this mix. I would be very unhappy to hear the Vikings make that trade and adding to an already stout defense. Pairing Ramsey with Rhodes wouldn't be a positive outcome for us.

Lions have not been reported to be interested so far. We'll see how things shake out.

Nothing serious but seems like he didn't "hate" the idea... https://sportsnaut.com/2019/09/look-jalen-ramsey-likes-post-of-him-heading-to-the-lions/

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Screw it, Pay the cost, claim the identity of this kid and lets ball out. Lions, Detroit spots, We need someone, we need character(real guys not just choir boys), we need/want a star to support and belive in. Bring the kid in, fans will open there arms wide if he can contribute and the team wins. People love Blake Griffin but hate the Pistons... The city/state would love Ramsey/Lions. Especially if Ramsey embraced the city at all. 

Take the risk and go for big Lions, cmon. One time us!

There is NOWAY the Lions would give up that much to get Ramsey! At most I would think something like this:

2020 1st rd pick , AShawn Robinson, and a late rd pick

I personally wouldnt trade for the guy but I do admit it would be exciting possibilities even if he is a jerk.

I’d give up the two firsts and some change and get a 2nd back (Mack type deal).  We only have a window with Stafford for like 4-5 years. Let’s make the run. Minnesota is flaming out with cousins and Rogers is old and trubiski isn’t very good. This is our chance to take the division for the next few years. I think he makes that big of a difference. I say do it. Be aggressive play to win for once instead of trying to not lose. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

I’d give up the two firsts and some change and get a 2nd back (Mack type deal).  We only have a window with Stafford for like 4-5 years. Let’s make the run. Minnesota is flaming out with cousins and Rogers is old and trubiski isn’t very good. This is our chance to take the division for the next few years. I think he makes that big of a difference. I say do it. Be aggressive play to win for once instead of trying to not lose. 

I said I wouldn't give up even one 1st but you make some good points.

3 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Noway I would give up 2 1st rd picks just for Ramsey. Maybe:

DET gets Ramsey and DT Taven Bryan, WR Marquis Lee

JAX gets 2 1st rd picks

I think his deal was...

Det: CB Jalen Ramsey and JAX 2nd round pick.

Jax: Det 1st rdp in 2020, and 2021. 

Which would be a really good trade honestly, Det falls back like what? 10-15 spots maybe and get Jalen Ramsey and give up next years 1st rdp?

I'd give up two first round picks if we're trying to win this year or next year. 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, Millenhater said:

I wouldn't consider the Vikings to be flaming out.  Nobody in our division has lost to anyone outside of our division. Its going to be a tough division this year and likely the next couple as the Bears D is top notch and the Vikings aren't far behind.  And who cares if Rodgers is older, he has 4 or so years left if he stays healthy like Brees.  I wont count them out until he shows he is declining.  

That said, I think giving up that much for Ramsey is not the best for the Lions to remain competitive over that time frame.  We have money we will need to spend if we want to keep our current D together.  I think the smarter play is finding those guys that are struggling in their current system who have potential like Dante Fowler last year and trade lower picks to shore up an already stout D and not ruin our future.

8 minutes ago, GetDownandDirty said:

Forget Ramsey.... Let’s work out a trade with Washington for Trent Willams and get some help on the offensive line. I think he could be the deal, like Snacks that could help solidify the offensive line & improve our running game.

Does anyone have a PFF account? What is Decker's PFF score so far?

The difference between Williams and Snacks is that we got Snacks for a 5th and a reasonable contract. Williams is going to be much costlier and likely wants a contract bump. If Williams is that much of an upgrade over Decker, then it could make sense depending on what we actually give up for him. I was definitely in favour of this move as well until hearing more about the play of our IOL. We've got 3 guys who are all in the top 12 thus far with Ragnow being the 2nd best OC in the game. Stafford has been kept clean with 0 sacks over the last two games. If our QB is able to make plays and stay upright, we probably don't need to make a huge move in that regard.