Sign in to follow this  
Karnage84

Trade Demands (Ramsey, etc.) - Who should the Lions trade for?

38 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Does anyone have a PFF account? What is Decker's PFF score so far?

The difference between Williams and Snacks is that we got Snacks for a 5th and a reasonable contract. Williams is going to be much costlier and likely wants a contract bump. If Williams is that much of an upgrade over Decker, then it could make sense depending on what we actually give up for him. I was definitely in favour of this move as well until hearing more about the play of our IOL. We've got 3 guys who are all in the top 12 thus far with Ragnow being the 2nd best OC in the game. Stafford has been kept clean with 0 sacks over the last two games. If our QB is able to make plays and stay upright, we probably don't need to make a huge move in that regard.

From what I've heard Williams isn't holding out over a contract issue, he feels disrespected by Washington and won't play for them for any price.

That being said, Washington has reportedly turned down 1st round picks for Williams already, the price will be steep.

• Like 1

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

From what I've heard Williams isn't holding out over a contract issue, he feels disrespected by Washington and won't play for them for any price.

That being said, Washington has reportedly turned down 1st round picks for Williams already, the price will be steep.

Yup. I can't really blame him, that Washington team looked terrible last nigh. Although, I was cheering for them to have a Cardinals-esque type of comeback and beat the Bears last night.

His cap hit is somewhere around $10M on another team as I believe Washington would eat about $3 - $4M of guaranteed money. I thought I had heard he would want a new contract as well. Overall, it's a pipe dream that's not likely to happen and fortunately we aren't in a position where it's a necessity either.

Williams will be cheaper than Ramsey & without the drama. As far as Decker goes move him to the inside or to the right. Or if Decker is playing well, Williams can & has played right side. He would be an upgrade over Wagner. Pass protection has been good, but run blocking is not there. If you watch any video on him, like the one they played last night on MNF, they showed how he gets out & moves around to block down field for runners. He’s big strong & smart. He is what we are lacking on our OL. Wait till we play Green Bay, Minnesota, Chicago & Dallas. We’ll see where our OL ranks after playing some really good defenses. Then we can come back to this discussion &  say should of, could of. Can’t hurt to see what it would take to get him. 

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

This isn't a "trade" suggestion but I'm quite annoyed that we didn't pursue the steal of FA, Shaq Barrett, like I had suggested a number of times. Dude is productive and a playmaker on the cheap.

I am too. I have no idea why he wasn’t more sought after. Dude is going crazy right now. He’s about to get paid

I really want the Lions to get Trent Williams. I feel like he would substantially upgrade our OL and running game. Has anyone heard anything about trade rumors? I would think Taylor Decker and a 2nd rd pick would be at least enough to get the conversation started.  

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

I really want the Lions to get Trent Williams. I feel like he would substantially upgrade our OL and running game. Has anyone heard anything about trade rumors? I would think Taylor Decker and a 2nd rd pick would be at least enough to get the conversation started.  

I haven’t seen anything. 

34 minutes ago, BZski said:

The Redskins have already turned down at least 1 offer for a 1st round pick. Why would a 2nd round pick and an average OT change their mind?

6 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

The Redskins have already turned down at least 1 offer for a 1st round pick. Why would a 2nd round pick and an average OT change their mind?

Because the 1st rd pick was by the Patriots which will likely be a late 1st rd pick. The Lions adding a second rd pick and a replacement level player that is young would be more enticing IMO.

56 minutes ago, BZski said:

Because the 1st rd pick was by the Patriots which will likely be a late 1st rd pick. The Lions adding a second rd pick and a replacement level player that is young would be more enticing IMO.

IMO There is a pretty big fall off in value from the last pick in the first round to the first pick in the second round because of the 5th year team option 1st rounders get. 

I guess I don't think highly of Decker, or at least I don't think other teams think highly of him.

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

IMO There is a pretty big fall off in value from the last pick in the first round to the first pick in the second round because of the 5th year team option 1st rounders get. 

I guess I don't think highly of Decker, or at least I don't think other teams think highly of him.

I really have no idea what other teams think of Decker, but it seems to me, if the Lions are looking to upgrade LT the team wouldn’t want Decker in return. If they did take him I don’t feel it would reduce the required pick compensation. 

21 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

If I am Washington, I would pull the trigger on a 1st, 2nd + Decker. Williams is older, expensive and there's bad blood. You have a new rookie QB, McLaurin is showing up so there's some promise at the skill positions. Run with what you have now and build towards the future. Decker is a serviceable guy at either LT or RT. You aren't locked into anything with him contract wise, so you can drop him if you don't want to re-sign him.

Jacksonville can be more aggressive in their stance with the two 1sts because Ramsey is significantly younger and arguably the best CB in the game. You're getting more out of that move as the team trading for him, so the Jags want to be compensated for that.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

If I am Washington, I would pull the trigger on a 1st, 2nd + Decker. Williams is older, expensive and there's bad blood. You have a new rookie QB, McLaurin is showing up so there's some promise at the skill positions. Run with what you have now and build towards the future. Decker is a serviceable guy at either LT or RT. You aren't locked into anything with him contract wise, so you can drop him if you don't want to re-sign him.

Jacksonville can be more aggressive in their stance with the two 1sts because Ramsey is significantly younger and arguably the best CB in the game. You're getting more out of that move as the team trading for him, so the Jags want to be compensated for that.

Now that you're changing the scenario by adding a 1st round pick, I'd think Washington would probably go for a trade like you're proposing. 

3 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Now that you're changing the scenario by adding a 1st round pick, I'd think Washington would probably go for a trade like you're proposing. 

Hasn't that always been what they're looking for? I thought they had turned down an offer for a 1st already. I don't recall changing anything.

I'm not suggesting that it's a move I would make as the Lions. However, if the Lions did make that offer, even if the 2nd was a 2021 2nd, I would take it if I am Washington.