Jalen Ramsey Trade Watch

TitanLegend

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If you trade for Ramsey are we just basically saying screw offense?

Highest paid Safety. Highly paid corners in Butler and Ryan. Well paid Safety in Vaccaro.  Ramsey will want to be highest paid corner. 

I'd expect nobody to ever complete a pass on us. Lol 

It'd be saying we're committing to the team we're trying to be. Run the ball and play defense.

You've got a freak of nature at RB to lean on, a QB who usually won't lose you the game, and once Lewan returns a good OL.

Play 2008 or 2000 Titans football.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It'd be saying we're committing to the team we're trying to be. Run the ball and play defense.

You've got a freak of nature at RB to lean on, a QB who usually won't lose you the game, and once Lewan returns a good OL.

Play 2008 or 2000 Titans football.

Can you make Ramsey the highest paid corner and then sign Henry, Logan Ryan ( both who deserves it based on two games). Then sign a QB whoever it is? 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Can you make Ramsey the highest paid corner and then sign Henry, Logan Ryan ( both who deserves it based on two games). Then sign a QB whoever it is? 

Sure. We've got 23 million available this year, so if you wanted to sign players right now and front load them a bit you could. You're looking at like 50-60m in space for 2020 depending on how much the salary cap rises, how many people you sign this year to long term, etc. We don't really have anyone we can cut and save a good chunk of money, but can cut Dion Lewis, replace him with a draft pick or cheaper FA and you've saved about ~$3m there, figuring in spending money on the FA or pick who replaces him.

Priority FAs next year are:

Henry

Ryan

Conklin

Woodyard(who might not even be priority anymore, we aren't even using the guy)

Kelly

Pamphile(if Douglas keeps being serviceable and Davis develops you can let Pamphile go)

Mariota/Tannehill

The only "must signs" are Ryan and Henry. I want Conklin back too assuming he continues his level of play.

There's plenty of money to sign Ryan, Henry, Conklin, Kelly, Pamphile(if need be) and if we're looking for a bridge QB Mariota or Tannehill, whoever is cheaper, and still add a top end contract on top of it. Especially when you can front load a good portion in to this seasons cap space if you get some contracts done now. Fill out the depth chart with lower level FAs and draft picks of course, or resign some people who are willing to come back at reasonable prices like a LeShaun Sims maybe.

The beauty of our QB situation, if you can find a good aspect of it, is we're not gonna have 30-40 mil invested in a QB.

Could even theoretically go in to next offseason saying no to both Mariota and Tannehill, signing a vet as a backup(someone like a Keenum) and drafting a first round QB and tell him "you don't have to be a superstar right away, just lean on Henry and the defense" and let him develop, and then you have even more money to throw at other players.

I would really consider that. Would be nice if we could unload Jackson instead and maybe some draft picks. They won't likely want Butler because of the contract.

Ramsey would be huge. Would help us so much against the Texans.

I'm also not as high on Davis, but at the same time I do think he could perform with a good QB.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I would really consider that. Would be nice if we could unload Jackson instead and maybe some draft picks. They won't likely want Butler because of the contract.

Ramsey would be huge. Would help us so much against the Texans.

I'm also not as high on Davis, but at the same time I do think he could perform with a good QB.

For your Hopkins point:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’ll offer a 1st & if they take Malcolm butler I’ll offer 2 1st & 3rd for Jaylen however I wouldn’t include a 1st in 2021 draft it’ll be 2020 & 3rd & 2022 1st 

Wouldn't give up any first round picks. Too limiting for a team that needs to draft a QB. We'll like need 2 firsts to draft the one we want.