Jalen Ramsey Trade Watch

TitanLegend

Just now, TitanRedd said:

If we’re contending right now  what QB coming out this year is better than mariota or Tan. In the middle to the end of the 1st round 🤔 

Uh you don’t always need a top 3 pick to get a QB. Teams find QBs throughout the draft. Mariota, Trubisky, and Winston were top 2 picks. Mahomes was drafted 10th, Watson 12th, Rodgers 24th, Brees 2nd round, Wilson 3rd round, etc. Seems like a deep draft for QBs(not top heavy IMO because I don’t like Tua or Hebert) but plenty of guys with “flaws” that could be available in the middle of the first like Fromm, Burrow, etc. Happens all the time. I think one of Marcus or Tannehill will be the starter next year but I do think they want a guy for the future. 

• Like 1

I think it depends on how much faith the coaching staff has in AJ Brown.  If we're gonna trade Corey Davis then Brown becomes the man.  I love his upside and swag, so we'll see.  Wouldn't be thrilled to see Davis go yet though.

I dunno.  Ramsey would make our defense #1 in all likelihood.  Teams would be forced to run, get predictable.  It's hard to gauge just how much that could impact things.  We would have far more favorable field position.  Marcus usually produces more with better field position.   Doesn't rack up tons of yards but more scoring drives.  

Could all be moot though,  big trades with division rivals are rare.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Nope.

With Minkah getting a first rounder, no way they settle for less.  I don't see us doing that, especially it's not a need. 

Minkah has years left on his rookie contract.  Jalen doesn't, which makes a big, big difference.

That said, I agree with yall that they almost certainly wouldn't trade him to a division rival.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Minkah has years left on his rookie contract.  Jalen doesn't, which makes a big, big difference.

That said, I agree with yall that they almost certainly wouldn't trade him to a division rival.

They won’t unless you make em an offer they can’t refuse which I doubt TN would 

Personally, I'd rather resign Ryan... and he'll also come much cheaper than Ramsey.

Even with our struggles with consistency on defense, we're 2nd in the NFL in total pass D... and would be 1st if the Vikes attempt more than 2 passes against the Falcons. 

On the flip side, we are 26th in the league in total run D... 24th in yds/attempt.  I'd rather spend my defensive money on the front 7.

13 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Personally, I'd rather resign Ryan... and he'll also come much cheaper than Ramsey.

Even with our struggles with consistency on defense, we're 2nd in the NFL in total pass D... and would be 1st if the Vikes attempt more than 2 passes against the Falcons. 

On the flip side, we are 26th in the league in total run D... 24th in yds/attempt.  I'd rather spend my defensive money on the front 7.

Here’s my opinion our defense so far has been good no doubt but let’s be honest we’re doing what we’re supposed to do, meaning we’re playing inexperienced QB’s that struggle with reading defense, were disguising coverage & playing a lot of zone keeping everything in front of us, 🗣 that won’t work playing against elite passing QB’s especially Brady he’ll carve you up playing zone all day. adding Ramsey would make our defense 3x better for the simple fact what we can do with him. For ex none of our corners we can throw on a island by themselves a whole game & shutdown 1 side of the field, like a Revis, a Deion or how the pats are now using Gilmore. Ramsey Can play Corner / safety he can cover Tight ends can play press, man zone, okay with Ramsey locking up one side of the field you tell Byard Roam pick your spots watch the QB take advantage of his Range as a safety. You now can also blitz more because Ramsey can flat out cover I’m sorry but we’re built to win now I hear you those 1st round picks can be used to draft a QB but from the looks of it we suck at drafting QB’s. RAMSEY is proven you already know what you’re getting. A rookie QB 9 out of 10 is going to sit behind mariota or Tan until he’s ready. We can win I believe with Tan & mariota 🙄 if he get rid of his dyslexia 

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Wouldn't consider 2 firsts for a millisecond. I don't think I'd even give them 1 plus a player.

Okay this what I’m not understanding I get it but I don’t if that make sense 😩🤣. Okay so far let’s look at our 1st round picks dating back to jake locker okay here we go jake locker bust Kendall Wright bust, chance war🗣 bust, Taylor Lewan 🗣we have a pro bowler, Mariota * Conklin solid, Davis- handicap by QB hasn’t lived to draft status  Adoree 🗣 Mr inconsistent oh both Adoree & Davis 5th year option is up season end 🤔  Rashaan Evans * Simmons *

That being said so far we’ve drafted 1 player out of the 1st round in the past 9 yrs that has earned a 2nd contract. You guys are stuck on keeping 1st round for a unproven players when we’re pretty much put together to make a run now & contend. For a guy who has HOF potential & we know what he is, don’t have to wait for him to develop. Mane I’m trading 2 1st round picks & I’ll draft a QB in the 2nd round. All we need is a game manager & for the coaching staff to give the ball to duce duce 💪🏽 🗣I know kill me 

Edited by TitanRedd