Jalen Ramsey Trade Watch

TitanLegend

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ve always loved him as a player. Wanted him #1 overall in 2016 draft. Still doesn’t take the fact out that he’s been run over numerous times by his dad and the stuff with Lewan last year was hilarious.

Sure, just saying I proposed/asked what if you guys could get or had Ramsey and it was still largely wouldn't touch him just last year.

Probably happens with a lot of division rivals players that are easy to dislike but interesting nonetheless.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This forum has taken a real 180 on Jalen, huh? 😂

He'll prob go to the Chiefs or Eagles is my guess.

Nope, at least not me, have no interest in having him on the team.

But they're linked, and as I noted, if they want him, they have better opportunity to negotiate than pretty much every other team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sure, just saying I proposed/asked what if you guys could get or had Ramsey and it was still largely wouldn't touch him just last year.

Probably happens with a lot of division rivals players that are easy to dislike but interesting nonetheless.

I mean Jacksonville fans would say the same thing about Lewan or even Finnegan or Haynesworth back in the day but would love to have them.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think the Lewan podcast went a long way with the fanbase, plus the idea that a great player would want to be a Titan is fun.

But yeah, he’s also just an easily dislikable player, so when it’s purely hypothetical, it’s easy to shoot down the idea. When he’s actually available, it becomes harder to just straight up say you don’t want one of the best corners in the NFL.

I never disliked him.  Truthfully what has he done for me not to like him other than play for the Jags.

He hasn't had a dirty hit. He hasn't talked bad about the Titans. He just has been a knucklehead down there.

I'd take a couple players from inside the division without hesitation. 
Some players I do hate, mostly Texans. I don't like Watt. I don't like Watson. If we traded for them, I'd actually be kind of sad. I'd eventually embrace it but I really don't want them. I'd rather win without them. 

But Ramsey, I'd take him easily. 
No to Campbell and Forunette. Wouldn't want them like Watson and Texans. 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Nope not me. Don’t want him, don’t care for him. Kid doesn’t know how to handle adversity. No cry babies on this team.

When you win on every level it’s hard for some athletes to accept losing I understand it. He’s a dog plus he hates the fact the coaching staff use him in a zone heavy scheme 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Dudes were overreacting to that weird *** training camp entrance.  Dude is a baller, from the Nashville area, and grew up a Titans fan.  I don't know how anyone wouldn't want him on the team.

Still, I sure would not give up an early draft pick for him.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Dudes were overreacting to that weird *** training camp entrance.  Dude is a baller, from the Nashville area, and grew up a Titans fan.  I don't know how anyone wouldn't want him on the team.

Still, I sure would not give up an early draft pick for him.

I would would I would 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I would would I would 

OK, let me break down for you why it's a bad idea (and why two firsts would be an absolutely horrifyingly awful idea).

Let's say the Bears call us up, and say, hey, Kevin Byard is the best free safety in the league, right?  We will give you a first round draft pick and Eddie Jackson for him, and also, we'll pick up the tab on his guaranteed money.  You would take that in a heartbeat, wouldn't you?  After all, not only would the downgrade from Byard to Jackson be a really small one, but it would save a ton of cap money that could go elsewhere and give us an additional draft pick.  We'd be fleecing them.

We're the Bears in the Ramsey trade scenario.  We already have a fantastic set of DBs, potentially the best in the NFL.  Yeah, Ramsey would make it better, but the impact is tiny.  The cost on the other hand, is huge, because we still have to pay him.  For the same price as having Ramsey, we could resign Logan Ryan, sign a high end kicker, and spend a first round draft pick on a pass rusher, a DL, a RB, or a QB.  Now which of those yields a bigger impact?

Trading a first for Ramsey would be insane.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We're the Bears in the Ramsey trade scenario. 

Our corners are competent, but we’re definitely not the Bears in that scenario. Ryan is good, Butler is a bit above average and Adoree is average. The upgrade from any of them to Ramsey is far greater than that of Jackson to Byard. It’d be more like the Bills calling us and offering Micah Hyde and a first for him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

OK, let me break down for you why it's a bad idea (and why two firsts would be an absolutely horrifyingly awful idea).

Let's say the Bears call us up, and say, hey, Kevin Byard is the best free safety in the league, right?  We will give you a first round draft pick and Eddie Jackson for him, and also, we'll pick up the tab on his guaranteed money.  You would take that in a heartbeat, wouldn't you?  After all, not only would the downgrade from Byard to Jackson be a really small one, but it would save a ton of cap money that could go elsewhere and give us an additional draft pick.  We'd be fleecing them.

We're the Bears in the Ramsey trade scenario.  We already have a fantastic set of DBs, potentially the best in the NFL.  Yeah, Ramsey would make it better, but the impact is tiny.  The cost on the other hand, is huge, because we still have to pay him.  For the same price as having Ramsey, we could resign Logan Ryan, sign a high end kicker, and spend a first round draft pick on a pass rusher, a DL, a RB, or a QB.  Now which of those yields a bigger impact?

Trading a first for Ramsey would be insane.

You would take that in a heartbeat, because Eddie Jackson actually happens to be the best FS in the NFL. I love Byard as well, but Jackson is prime ET and that's super rare.