Jalen Ramsey Trade Watch

TitanLegend

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Nope not me. Don’t want him, don’t care for him. Kid doesn’t know how to handle adversity. No cry babies on this team.

If you have any faith at all in the way this organization has chosen to take, you'd have absolutely no problem taking him on your team. Too much has been said about us trying to be as close of a replica to the Patriots organization. Well, the Patriots have always taken even more questionable characters on their team and made it work. If you think BB wouldn't trade a 1st for Ramsey, had he not had Gilmore already on his roster, you're crazy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

If you have any faith at all in the way this organization has chosen to take, you'd have absolutely no problem taking him on your team. Too much has been said about us trying to be as close of a replica to the Patriots organization. Well, the Patriots have always taken even more questionable characters on their team and made it work. If you think BB wouldn't trade a 1st for Ramsey, had he not had Gilmore already on his roster, you're crazy.

Facts people wanna a role model, give me a ball player that’s a team player 

56 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Our corners are competent, but we’re definitely not the Bears in that scenario. Ryan is good, Butler is a bit above average and Adoree is average. The upgrade from any of them to Ramsey is far greater than that of Jackson to Byard. It’d be more like the Bills calling us and offering Micah Hyde and a first for him.

Thank you my guy we’re good no doubt as a defense but so far we’ve been playing against QB’s that aren’t elite that can read defenses.. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

We already have a fantastic set of DBs, potentially the best in the NFL.  Yeah, Ramsey would make it better, but the impact is tiny.  The cost on the other hand, is huge, because we still have to pay him.  For the same price as having Ramsey, we could resign Logan Ryan, sign a high end kicker, and spend a first round draft pick on a pass rusher, a DL, a RB, or a QB.  Now which of those yields a bigger impact?

Trading a first for Ramsey would be insane.

A fantastic group of DB’s 😳 don’t buy into the hype man listen the Titans so far have played average QB’s that struggle reading coverage, the past 2 games we’ve played a heavy dose of zone disguising coverage 🗣 that won’t work against Mohomes & Brady & Rivers. Logan is solid but he’s a nickel back. Butler is above average an so is Adoree both inconsistent. You say Ramsey slightly makes us better I say only if Pees is incompetent as Arthur is to not feeding Duce Duce the football. Ramsey can be used like a Deion Sanders a Darelle Revis, meaning you put Ramsey on the opponents best receiver & you leave him on a island. Ramsey can shutdown 1 side of the field therefore the titans don’t have to play so much zone, you then can allow Byard to Roam freely & be a ball hawk. Ramsey is also versatile, he can play safety like he did in college at high level, he can cover TE’s 🗣 say it with me chess piece. Now what corner on our roster can do all that, what corner on our team you trust on island by himself 🤔 Ramsey can also help create coverage sacks 

2 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Mike Vrabel isn’t Bill Belichick, and Mariota doesn’t command/lead our team like Brady does his. Us nor anyone else will ever replicate New England because nobody will ever have the QB/coach combination of Brady/Belichick. New England may be the biggest outlier compared to their contemporaries in any major sport in the modern era. Just because they can take something and make it work literally means nothing to every other organization.

Also, I’m especially not giving up a 1st for Ramsey because of our QB situation. We may need that pick as ammo to move up and get our guy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Mike Vrabel isn’t Bill Belichick, and Mariota doesn’t command/lead our team like Brady does his. Us nor anyone else will ever replicate New England because nobody will ever have the QB/coach combination of Brady/Belichick. New England may be the biggest outlier compared to their contemporaries in any major sport in the modern era. Just because they can take something and make it work literally means nothing to every other organization.

Also, I’m especially not giving up a 1st for Ramsey because of our QB situation. We may need that pick as ammo to move up and get our guy.

The QB/HC duo, you're right, nobody will ever match that. But there's more to their success than just that, including, like I said, making the best out of talent many other teams would've stayed away from. Thinking about saving our Draft capital to figure out the QB position is one thing, and that I can understand. Not wanting him because he's supposed to be a cry baby or whatever, I don't. I was just talking about that specifically.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

The QB/HC duo, you're right, nobody will ever match that. But there's more to their success than just that, including, like I said, making the best out of talent many other teams would've stayed away from. Thinking about saving our Draft capital to figure out the QB position is one thing, and that I can understand. Not wanting him because he's supposed to be a cry baby or whatever, I don't. I was just talking about that specifically.

He’s a crybaby because he’s a winner that has won on every level but hates losing sounds like he cares 🤷🏽‍♂️ 4yrs 2 pro bowls 1 all pro & is a unique talent 

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Interesting way to look at it

Absolutely not lol. Not that those guys are as good as him, but we're already strong in the secondary and that adds two huge holes.

He just not coming here. Secondary has been too strong for the last year to invest heavily into it.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

Just now, TitanSS said:

Absolutely not lol. Not that those guys are as good as him, but we're already strong in the secondary and that adds two huge holes.

He just not coming here. 

I think they both could be great. But if we're deep in the secondary, we also have two ILBs not named Evans that could start and Simmons hasn't seen the field. 

Also, I don't care how deep you think you are in the secondary, if you don't have a Jalen Ramsey, you could always use him. Besides, the whole point was to help you imagine what kind of players you'd be giving up with those future 1st rounders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I think they both could be great. But if we're deep in the secondary, we also have two ILBs not named Evans that could start and Simmons hasn't seen the field. 

Also, I don't care how deep you think you are in the secondary, if you don't have a Jalen Ramsey, you could always use him. Besides, the whole point was to help you imagine what kind of players you'd be giving up with those future 1st rounders.

Don't forget, you also have to pay him $15 million a year.  So Evans, Simmons, and the amount of money it took to sign Dante Fowler.

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Don't forget, you also have to pay him $15 million a year.  So Evans, Simmons, and the amount of money it took to sign Dante Fowler.

Well, sure, but those 1st round picks you'd likely be investing in players that you hope will be worthy of a second, preferably big money contract any way. So instead of two cheap 4-year rookie contracts you'd be hoping to extend down the road, you're paying an elite NFL player his market value. I guarantee you that we could be looking back at this 4 or 5 years down the road and we'll find multiple NFL teams that would've been better off making this trade instead.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Interesting way to look at it

I mean, I need to see Simmons suit up before I make that decision. If he's anywhere close to the comparisons I've seen for him (Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones & Ndamukong Suh), then I'm not trading that away (not to mention Evans who I'm still high on).

This is all a moot point anyway.

56 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

You could always use him. You also have to consider how bad you're going to be elsewhere on the field.

• Like 1