GDT Week 3: Denver Broncos @ Green Bay Packers

thebestever6

Broncos (0-2) @

Packers (2-0)

Time: 1pm eastern
Line: +7.5 

Key injuries: Callahan(out)Davis(out)James(out) 

Janovich(out)

- Traveling to Green Bay after a gut wrenching loss for an early game is no easy task. Facing a Green Bay team who has a defense much improved front 7 wise from previous years is a challenge for sure. Green Bays offense looks to have found a groove last week.

- Things we wanna see project in the right direction would go a long way in competing in this game much less winning it. Limiting penalties is crucial in a road atmosphere ( broken record Bolles ), (Leary). 

-establishing a ground game would be nice early to control T.O.P. make Aaron Rodgers press the issue.

- Stop the run if the run game isn't contained this game is going to get ugly over 4 quarters. The defense will get worn down.

- Get a pass rush would also be a nice find because that has evaded this unit as a whole to date. 

- I'd love to see this passing game not be so predictable in the first half as well. Go up tempo, silent count, take a deep shot early, even if you have to establish a ground game in a road environment it doesn't mean the passing game has to be blah.

- Stop Devante Adams their best play maker. MVS and Allison are up and comers no question. Adams is a game plan destroyer, if he is limited which is a huge challenge. 

- Special Teams can give you much needed yards as a dog I'd like to see them be stellar.  Even though Wadman I'm not overly fond of I'd still like our coverage units to be good. Need every point opportunity this team can get converted Brandon Mcmanus.

Score prediction 34 - 24 Packers 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Score prediction 34 - 24 Packers

You think we can put up 24? Pretty soon here our guys on D are gonna start requesting trades and unfollowing the Broncos on IG. At least the Dolphins have the nuts to say they're tanking, we might as well follow suit. The difference between 0-16 and 4-12 this season? about 5 draft positions. Sell and sell now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

You think we can put up 24? Pretty soon here our guys on D are gonna start requesting trades and unfollowing the Broncos on IG. At least the Dolphins have the nuts to say they're tanking, we might as well follow suit. The difference between 0-16 and 4-12 this season? about 5 draft positions. Sell and sell now.

I agree with sell now been on that bandwagon for two years now, and yes in garbage time I believe this team will get to 24. 

I'm calling it..you guys will upset the Packers.  Vic knows this GB team well and how to game plan for them.  He has given Rodgers fits in the past.

I also think Flacco has looked pretty good all things considered in these first 2 weeks.  

I think you guys will be able to run the ball well on GB with Lindsay and Freeman and play good enough defense to limit the damage.

0-3 is too much of a motivating factor not to come out and play better.  Good luck.

Vic has had some rookie growing pains, that’s endemic to being a rookie HC no matter how long the tenure as a coordinator/position coach has been. What I expected early is what I’ve seen - better than the total incompetence of Vance but also some avoidable mistakes. Week 2 was much better than week 1, from all corners of the coaching staff and against a superior opponent. That’s a positive. I still wish he could dress a little more professionally but maybe I’m old school. 

Flacco has also played well. We’re not 0-2 because of him much in the same vein we weren’t 2-0 at this time last year because of Case. 

If Juwan James was healthy we wouldn’t be starting the meat head, who I’ve said was a meat head since the day he was drafted and have, once again, been proven correct. Let’s hope he’s better this week and gone this time next year. 

The Packers get good play out of the quarterback position; Rodgers may not be as scintillating as he was 2-3 years ago but he’s still an all-time great and I think the Packers continue to gel under LaFleur (who you may recall was my top pick for HC last winter but we didn’t even interview him) and take another step forward this week. 

Vic does have a good track record against the Pack but color me concerned as it’s an early 11am game on the road against a team with a) an elite QB and b) significant home field advantage. 

Prediction - Broncos are well-prepared but lax, problem areas continue to be problem areas. Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers.

Packers 23, Broncos 13. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, carrolljcmc said:

This is the week the Pack figure it out and operate with all cylinders firing. Packers win EASILY 41-13.

God I hope your right but 41 against this D would be difficult. The Packers are an interesting team this year. They have been better than expected on defense and the new additions have really showed up while some of the rookies/young talent have taken jumps. That being said we have played Trubs & Cousins who are bad but keep any team under 20 is hard in today's NFL and keeping a team to 3 points is really hard. The Vikings have a lot of talent with Diggs, Thielen, & Cook but for the most part the D slowed them down. Explosive plays made the defense look worse than they actually played for most of the game. 

The offense has not looked crisp the majority of the year. Outside the 2nd quarter in Chicago and the 1st when playing Minnesota it has been totally stymied. But like the defense we are not really sure if that's partially due to playing the Bears or Vikings defenses or if its a deeper issue.