GDT Week 3: Denver Broncos @ Green Bay Packers

thebestever6

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

On the strength of Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields alone, a year of Lock and re-evaluating in 2021 still makes the most sense for me. 

yeah i'd be fine with that too. i don't watch much CFB but I obvi am all for using the resources to get a franchise QB close to the top of the draft...and we might have that shot again this year. 

10 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

On the strength of Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields alone, a year of Lock and re-evaluating in 2021 still makes the most sense for me. 

Side note:  Justin Fields using IG to hit on his competitor’s GF / sisters is the new generation of next level trash talking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If you have a winning lottery ticket in your hands for $500,000 is it worth risking to burn for a 2 in 32 chance of a $1 million ticket a year later? 

That's discussion bc if you don't get that ticket you're gonna pay for it.

You can get assets for 2021 still no guarantee that's going to be enough.  Not like you can hide your hand from the league lol.

Not a good analogy. Maybe when 1st rd QB's all start succeeding at a phenomal rate, but until then it's just a very expensive crap shoot. 

7 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Not a good analogy. Maybe when 1st rd QB's all start succeeding at a phenomal rate, but until then it's just a very expensive crap shoot. 

Draft will always be a crapshoot todays NFL is no different. That's why you have to evaluate and do the homework. 

Crossing fingers, and wishing for the supposedly surrest thing prospect since Andrew Luck sounds like a risky game of musical chairs.

41 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yeah i'd be fine with that too. i don't watch much CFB but I obvi am all for using the resources to get a franchise QB close to the top of the draft...and we might have that shot again this year. 

Well, it feels pretty bad at 0-3 but I think we're closer to a 6 win team than a 2 win team which would take us out of the Tua sweepstakes. I really don't want Herbert and I'm not sure I'm comfortable taking Fromm there either. If we're shedding veterans next year, there's a chance the team could be even worse (record-wise...in a rebuilding sense, we may all feel better). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Well, it feels pretty bad at 0-3 but I think we're closer to a 6 win team than a 2 win team which would take us out of the Tua sweepstakes. I really don't want Herbert and I'm not sure I'm comfortable taking Fromm there either. If we're shedding veterans next year, there's a chance the team could be even worse (record-wise...in a rebuilding sense, we may all feel better). 

Yeah I hear that. I think we're a better team than the last two years as well. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I hear that. I think we're a better team than the last two years as well. 

Better coaches without a doubt. Massive upgrades. 

Talent-wise it doesn't look much better but there will be 1 or 2 guys who emerge under these new coaches who surprise everyone, usually that happens. I could see Bausby being that guy at corner. 

• Like 1