Jalen Ramsey requests trade - UPDATE (Page 11): to the Rams for multiple draft picks

Adrenaline_Flux

Don't know where the picks ultimately will end up...but having a pair of extra 1st rounders in the coming years?  That's pretty nice.  Even middling or later ones.  Have to actually hit on them obviously, but you can give your team a big boost with that kind of extra ammunition.

I was pretty vocal about my wariness of paying Jalen what he's going to want...as a DB.  I think that's the other "win" part of this deal, all things considered.  It clears a lot of future cap headaches that would come from paying a less-critical position like CB as though they're a "top defensive player".  Not to mention, getting rid of a guy who was a distraction dating back a lot further than most people here seemed to want to admit.

Question for me though...is this basically just a rental for the Rams?  How are they going to afford to pay Jalen what he's going to want?  Even now that he's in a place he clearly wanted to be all along (read: big market spotlight)...i still don't see him playing on that option year.  They're gonna have to sort that out sooner or later, and it's hard to see how it'll fit with some of the other big contracts they've already got, or have potentially looming.

Oh well.  Their problem now.

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

have u seen how bad goff has been playing

It's not even really Goff.  He's the same mediocre guy he's always been.  It's that their OLine hasn't been good, and they can't run the ball worth anything.  If you can't do that to set the game up easy for Goff like they did when he's been successful, it's gonna go badly.

We've seen more than enough of what Bortles looks like if he's not having easy completions tee'd up by a robust running game too though.  It's not any better.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Question for me though...is this basically just a rental for the Rams?  How are they going to afford to pay Jalen what he's going to want?  Even now that he's in a place he clearly wanted to be all along (read: big market spotlight)...i still don't see him playing on that option year.  They're gonna have to sort that out sooner or later, and it's hard to see how it'll fit with some of the other big contracts they've already got, or have potentially looming.

Oh well.  Their problem now.

I alluded to this in another post this is a win now deal. But thing is I don’t think they the Rams knows his absolute disgust about playing on that rookie deal. They think Jalen is going to be a good get because he is still on his rookie deal. They may smooth him over by playing a scheme he is more comfortable with, and the lure of off the field marketing.. but he could still potential hold out this coming off season. It won’t last long if they implement fines. But defensively they can be tweaked with this upgrade, unfortunately that’s not this teams main problem it’s to the health of that line and Gurley. Without those key components the Rams could begin to erode similar to how our season fell apart last yr. Who knows maybe Wade cooks up something with the defense and the can create turnovers but I’m not seeing it. It’s a lot of teams out west with pretty solid teams top to bottom. Rams could essentially become Jags west of last yr. So all in all Ramsey could back peddle into a worse situation since it’s all about winning. 😏

😒 But now I have anxiety about the Jags screwing up these picks.

Edited by DuvalsKing

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

What Tugboat said.

The OL is trash and Gurley isn't the same. Goff hasn't changed...everything around him offensively has gotten worse.

Yet the Rams are still top 10 in scoring offense and before the Niners game was top 6 averaging 29ppg. I get the narrative of the OL is bad, Gurley is hurt, and Goff isnt playing well but its not like the team is struggling to score. They were literally a missed FG by Zeurlein (that he makes 97% of the time in his career) from the Rams being (4-2). Looking at the schedule the next 3 games the Rams have the Falcons, Bengals (London), BYE, then Steelers. The Rams could be sitting (6-3) in great shape before they face the Bears then Ravens both in LA. So for Jags fans yall are now HOPING the Rams fall flat so yall can get a higher draft pick and I dont blame you. I was literally happy when the Redskins in 2014 was terrible because the Rams ended up picking 2nd overall that season. I think though the Jaguars will be picking in the 20's because the Rams have too good of a team to not be still (10-6) by the end of the draft. The end result was getting Greg Robinson who was a bust when we literally couldve drafted Mack and still got Donald (although I think if we wouldve drafted Mack 2nd overall we wouldve taken Zach Martin instead of Donald). I would feel different if the Rams offense just couldnt score and pulled a 2018 Jaguars team that went from 6th in scoring in 2017 to 31st in scoring in 2018. As long as the Rams are still putting up points and being a top 10 scoring offense like they are and that number will only go up when they face the Falcons terrible defense and the Bengals terrible defense, then the Rams will be in position to still win games this season and getting Ramsey will help the defense that currently sits 24th in points allowed. 

Edited by stl4life07