Jalen Ramsey requests trade - UPDATE (Page 11): to the Rams for multiple draft picks

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

My boy DJ...

There's...kind of interesting stuff from the locker room. There's guys like Jack, Leonard, Bouye who gave the standard response given their relationship with Jalen. But then, you have guys like Hayden, who twice now kind of gives you the impression he wasn't "about" what Jalen was doing. Wonder how split that locker room really is. I'm sure they all would rather have a happy Jalen, but the past couple of weeks had to have rub at least a few wrong. I guess it kind of makes sense, in Hayden's case. The guy literally nearly died on the football field, and you have a teammate faking back injuries to force his way out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

What Tugboat said.

The OL is trash and Gurley isn't the same. Goff hasn't changed...everything around him offensively has gotten worse.

ya but at the same time a "franchise qb" should be able to raise the level of their OL.   if i recall they have one of the better OLine coaches in the NFL.  as for gurley not being the same well u drafted a pretty solid RB in Darrell henderson in the 3rd round this year so u could use him ya know instead of gurley in the plays that gurley is struggling with.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Yet the Rams are still top 10 in scoring offense and before the Niners game was top 6 averaging 29ppg. I get the narrative of the OL is bad, Gurley is hurt, and Goff isnt playing well but its not like the team is struggling to score. They were literally a missed FG by Zeurlein (that he makes 97% of the time in his career) from the Rams being (4-2). Looking at the schedule the next 3 games the Rams have the Falcons, Bengals (London), BYE, then Steelers. The Rams could be sitting (6-3) in great shape before they face the Bears then Ravens both in LA. So for Jags fans yall are now HOPING the Rams fall flat so yall can get a higher draft pick and I dont blame you. I was literally happy when the Redskins in 2014 was terrible because the Rams ended up picking 2nd overall that season. I think though the Jaguars will be picking in the 20's because the Rams have too good of a team to not be still (10-6) by the end of the draft. The end result was getting Greg Robinson who was a bust when we literally couldve drafted Mack and still got Donald (although I think if we wouldve drafted Mack 2nd overall we wouldve taken Zach Martin instead of Donald). I would feel different if the Rams offense just couldnt score and pulled a 2018 Jaguars team that went from 6th in scoring in 2017 to 31st in scoring in 2018. As long as the Rams are still putting up points and being a top 10 scoring offense like they are and that number will only go up when they face the Falcons terrible defense and the Bengals terrible defense, then the Rams will be in position to still win games this season and getting Ramsey will help the defense that currently sits 24th in points allowed. 

I'm not saying the Rams are bad.

But the NFC is a bloodbath and they're behind two good teams right now as is. That is far from a cakewalk regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

There's...kind of interesting stuff from the locker room. There's guys like Jack, Leonard, Bouye who gave the standard response given their relationship with Jalen. But then, you have guys like Hayden, who twice now kind of gives you the impression he wasn't "about" what Jalen was doing. Wonder how split that locker room really is. I'm sure they all would rather have a happy Jalen, but the past couple of weeks had to have rub at least a few wrong. I guess it kind of makes sense, in Hayden's case. The guy literally nearly died on the football field, and you have a teammate faking back injuries to force his way out.

Hell, Yann, Jack, and Bouye were close to them but from the sounds of it they knew this was coming. Idk what they could have expected the team to do on their situation...

Dareus apparently was walking around the locker room faking a back injury today too.

6 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Coughlin needs to go. 

Yeah.  A lot of it falls on Jalen too...but Coughlin's gotta go as well.  The game has passed him by, and you just can't have a guy around who is almost certainly going to blow up another relationship with another good player on the team in short order.

58 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Hell, Yann, Jack, and Bouye were close to them but from the sounds of it they knew this was coming. Idk what they could have expected the team to do on their situation...

Dareus apparently was walking around the locker room faking a back injury today too.

lol Dareus.  That's hilarious.  xD

Certainly does seem like there was a pretty big split in the room over Jalen's antics.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  A lot of it falls on Jalen too...but Coughlin's gotta go as well.  The game has passed him by, and you just can't have a guy around who is almost certainly going to blow up another relationship with another good player on the team in short order.

It's just like... if the fans, players, coaches, and apparently possibly even the owner have issues with him... why keep him employed?

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I thought Jack and AJ sounded very supportive of Jalen. Haven't seen Yann's comments yet.

Of course Yan and Myles are gonna back Jalen. Jalen has been adamant about paying Yan and he said he was happy to see Myles get paid. Not like Myles deserved that damn contract but he got it. And in 17’ he always said Bouye was the best CB in the game.

It’s funny to see Hayden not really caring about Jalen. I’m sure most of the locker room feels the same. If he’s there, he’s there. If not, oh well.

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

It's just like... if the fans, players, coaches, and apparently possibly even the owner have issues with him... why keep him employed?

Feels kinda like they're just lining up to give him a more "graceful" sendoff at the end of the year.  Where he can "step down" and fade away, without having that big "FIRED" stamp on his legacy (again)...right at the end.  Trying to save face for the guy a little bit at least.

Does make me wonder how much authority he actually has over anything at this point.  Wonder if he's just going to be a bit of a grumpy old passenger sitting in the press box like a mascot through the rest of the year, or what exactly his role and authority will be.

Edited by Tugboat

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If TC wants a graceful sendoff he needs to keep his damn mouth shut

I mean...yeah.  That'll be the interesting thing.  To see if he can do that and just ride along as a passenger with his mouth shut for the rest of the year.

By the way, John Oesher's response to questions about Jalen has been very pointed. He's usually very impartial and most reporters don't cross that line because you never know when you're going to interview a guy again, but wow...

I know he's employed by the Jags but holy cow

• Like 1

Y'know I know there are a ton of variables to the situation and I'm sure everyone's side of the story will be told in due time.....but the dude literally faked an injury and quit on the team. Pretty low

Hope the Rams keep winning for their sake, because they're getting someone that will quit on them when they stop.