Jalen Ramsey requests trade - UPDATE (Page 11): to the Rams for multiple draft picks

Adrenaline_Flux

13 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

Why do coaches do this? Try to force square pegs into round holes. Shouldn't you cater your philosophy to your player's strength?

You can't play man every single down. 

There's 10 other players on that defense. Even if Jalen locks the best receiver down, if the other players can't hold up on man, do you still run it?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

There's 10 other players on that defense. Even if Jalen locks the best receiver down, if the other players can't hold up on man, do you still run it?

Yes. He should make your defense easier to run because he can negate the other team's best receiver or erase the #2/3 while the rest of the D doubles the #1.
The options should be endless.

20 hours ago, Tugboat said:

But Jalen said he wants to be a Jaguar for life they told me.  9_9

I mean, at this point...i think you almost have to start exploring the trade options if you can get a better package for him by shipping him out early where he can help a team for more of the season.  He's made it abundantly clear he was never likely to play on that option year in the first place, and i think even the Tag was probably questionable.  He wants a deal as big as his mouth, and he wants it now.  If he's gone to the point of requesting a trade...he's absolutely not going to re-sign here at this point.  Even if he did ink a "biggest Defensive contract" or at least "biggest CB in history" type deal here...how can you trust him in the locker room?  How does he walk back in there and say, "jk guys i didn't really want to sell ya'll up the river on this sinking ship i was just playin".  Even if he walks it back somehow, that's not what you want from a guy you'd be paying to be not just an elite CB...but a leader on your team.

The fact we've entered the season where teams have less flexibility, and that he's now made it more or less officially public he wants out, just completely slaughtered the leverage they could've had in the offseason to bring in a real haul.  But it is what it is at this point.  Mistakes were made, as per usual.

I don't think an, "i promise we'll hire a new coach" is going to fly.  And if it it does...you can't let a CB determine who your coach is.  Inmates running the asylum and all that.

He wanted to be a Jaguar but if his HC is a moron and DC wants him to be a zone CB then he should want out

12 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Exactly.  People love to hate on Wash and his utilization of Jalen...but are equally quick to defend how amazing Jalen is at shutting down top receivers...while playing the way Wash wants him to, schematically, within the confines of the overall team defensive system.

You can't just let a CB (even arguably the best in the NFL) dictate everything about who is coach is and how he is deployed by that coach.  It's not the Jacksonville Jalen Ramseys, it's the Jaguars and there are 10 other people on the field with him who also have to be able to execute the system alongside him.

The blank cheque Jalen gets from so many Jaguars fans is ridiculous.

18 hours ago, MightyRx said:

Yes. He should make your defense easier to run because he can negate the other team's best receiver or erase the #2/3 while the rest of the D doubles the #1.
The options should be endless.

Offenses now are sooo far more advanced than the ones in the past that allows a shutdown corner to take away a side of the field.

You play man all the time and they will scheme the crap out of you. hell, we freaking loved it when teams played man vs Blake freaking Bortles.It is easier to read for QBs and if your OL can hold...your secondary will eventually get beat by long developing routes. Not to mention schemes that will have receivers vs LB 

On 9/17/2019 at 1:58 PM, Speedyg said:

ive done it in madden. it works especially with the guys we have. i usually run a vanilla 2 safeties deep defense and nickle depending how i feel i send both lbers or play man to man 2 over the top

16 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Offenses now are sooo far more advanced than the ones in the past that allows a shutdown corner to take away a side of the field.

You play man all the time and they will scheme the crap out of you. hell, we freaking loved it when teams played man vs Blake freaking Bortles.It is easier to read for QBs and if your OL can hold...your secondary will eventually get beat by long developing routes. Not to mention schemes that will have receivers vs LB 

Not to mention the abundant natural pick play bunch formation releases that can quickly goober up aggressive man coverage.

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

ive done it in madden. it works especially with the guys we have. i usually run a vanilla 2 safeties deep defense and nickle depending how i feel i send both lbers or play man to man 2 over the top

I feel like any schematic advice that starts with, "it works in Madden", immediately becomes pretty suspect.

Man coverage ran by teams by percentage for last league year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/ag0ug1/percent_of_snaps_played_in_man_coverage_by/

who would of thought the defending SB champs who don’t have as much talent as we do but seems to have a solid defense yr after yr ran in ‘man’ 56% of the time last yr. 🤔

Edited by DuvalsKing