Jalen Ramsey requests trade - UPDATE (Page 11): to the Rams for multiple draft picks

Adrenaline_Flux

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Is anyone really shocked?

The game has passed him by.

Yeah.  Coughlin is a dinosaur.  You just can't play that hard *** routine with players in today's game.

You also have to plan for the eventuality of top players wanting to get paid ridiculous contracts, before they're even out of team control.  Coughlin hasn't ever really been great at that kind of long-term contingency thinking...but it's even worse in today's cap environment.

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I’m going to break down to you how this went haywire. I don’t think it has anything to do with how he is being used because when you’re winning none of that matters. The FO messed the cap up by mortgaging future money that should be used on players in house. By signing players like Norwell and Bortles. Norwell pick was suppose to solidify the line and it was the biggest guard contract at the time Norwell has been hurt and when on the field he’s been subpar af. With Blake they folded instead of franchising him and making him play on the franchise tag they gave him a new contract.

-Then we get to Foles to drop a contract in his lap to make up for the screw up with Blake. Now Foles is hurt the season is up in the air.

Tom told Jalen this off season that he wasn’t paying him because he controlled his rights for the next 2 years which is this yr and the rookie 5th yr option. Ramsey is pissed 1 that Coughlin called him out for not going to voluntary work outs. And he is pissed that everybody in his class is getting paid that we’re drafted top 5 like Zeke, Wentz, Goff. This off season Zeke shot his shot and got paid. But Jalen isn’t that type of cat.. he is competitor no matter how people view him he is dog. Bottom line even if  the front office did jack up the money and they were winning Jalen wouldn’t be saying a thing. But like me he sees the writing on the wall why the hell am I ballin at an All Pro level and I’m not getting a bag?.. 🤔 oh that’s right because you gave all the money away to outsiders who haven’t exactly come in and put this team over the top. If they had paid Jalen and we we’re losing you wouldn’t hear from Jalen but in his mind you have me trapped in Jacksonville on a losing team and you want me to play to my full potential but you’re not fielding a competitive team on the field.

Also why I put the disclaimer out before the season that don’t be surprised if next off season you don’t see Ramsey at all. I fully  expected him to holdout through mandatory workouts next offseason.

So instead of holding out in the preseason when it didn't matter like Elliott did, he didn't hold out (and didn't even play so the competitive aspect doesn't apply) he waits until week 3, on a short week, when the defense held an electric offense in Houston in check and the rookie QB just gave your team hope for turning the season around?

If Ramsey didn't demand a trade, the vibe on this team would be drastically different heading into tonight's game.

Look none of us are fans of what this regime has done. But if he wanted out he should have said so in the off-season. 

None of the screw ups of the past suddenly materialized between off-season and week 3.

Wash is still wash, so are Dave Doug and Tom.

So why suddenly now? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

So instead of holding out in the preseason when it didn't matter like Elliott did, he didn't hold out (and didn't even play so the competitive aspect doesn't apply) he waits until week 3, on a short week, when the defense held an electric offense in Houston in check and the rookie QB just gave your team hope for turning the season around?

If Ramsey didn't demand a trade, the vibe on this team would be drastically different heading into tonight's game.

Look none of us are fans of what this regime has done. But if he wanted out he should have said so in the off-season. 

None of the screw ups of the past suddenly materialized between off-season and week 3.

Wash is still wash, so are Dave Doug and Tom.

So why suddenly now? 

Like I’ve said I don’t think this has to do with how he is being used. If they were winning and he was still getting paid the same he wouldn’t be complaining. The screw ups materialized when Foles went down. A lot of societies problem is they forget we are all different stop thinking that everyone should react or approach a situation like you would personally. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

1 hour ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Hey guys vikes fan here.. the jalen trade talk is all over up here right now. Normally I wouldn’t think much of it but realize Zimmer is obsessed with corners. What do you think it would take to make this trade happen? Would you have interest in trae waynes?

id imagine they would want 2 high picks and a starting Player back.  i mean he has 2 years left on his team friendly deal and hes an all-pro easy top corner in the league