Jalen Ramsey requests trade - UPDATE (Page 11): to the Rams for multiple draft picks

Adrenaline_Flux

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Which was confirmed by Josina Anderson multiple times AND he's coming to the facility to see team doctor's today.

It more has to do with you saying last week wasn't a distraction but moving forward it all the sudden is. If you think last week wasn't then idk what to tell you...

I dont know what to tell me either, I’m angry. We finally have an elite true #1 and we cant make him happy because we’re living in the stone age

Honestly...the guy plays his expected "last game".  Isn't traded, and suddenly he's "got the flu".  Then his back is bad, can't practice.  Then they come up with a better long-term excuse with paternity leave?

Gene pretty much is an idiot in general, but on this one...i'm glad at least someone is calling it like they see  it.  Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...might be a duck.

It'd be more convincing if this were Fournette we were talking about.  I'd actually believe this ridiculous series of maladies and circumstances with him because he's got a track record of missing all kinds of team events.  But with Jalen, the guy who hasn't missed a game for the Jaguars since he was drafted?  Suddenly he asks for a trade and he's conjured up a series of semi-plausible absence excuses including a cliffhanger indefinite one as a finale within one week?  Nahhhh.

Tony coming in way too hot with the way overly-defensive reply like that pretty much just seals it for me.  It's like WWE ****.  "Bah gawwwwd Gene, that man has a FAMILY!!!  How could you!!!".  Like okay...totally out of nowhere, the guy who cares more about spreadsheets and soccer is deeply offended someone would even suggest Jalen's easy out might be partially fabricated/expanded out of convenience due to the situation.  Totally, absolutely, fully buying it.  9_9  Definitely not being used as a proxy trying to dispel angst at all probably.  

So calling out the beat writer, who's been spewing conspiracy theories about Jalen since the trade demands, that were leaked by the Jaguars, have been made public. His baby mama was at training camp. Pregnant and all. You'd think the beat writer, who's job is to be observant of the Jaguars, would have noticed. Btw, this isn't Gene's 1st time doing this. He did it last time Jalen had to be excused for a birth.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Honestly...the guy plays his expected "last game".  Isn't traded, and suddenly he's "got the flu".  Then his back is bad, can't practice.  Then they come up with a better long-term excuse with paternity leave?

Gene pretty much is an idiot in general, but on this one...i'm glad at least someone is calling it like they see  it.  Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...might be a duck.

It'd be more convincing if this were Fournette we were talking about.  I'd actually believe this ridiculous series of maladies and circumstances with him because he's got a track record of missing all kinds of team events.  But with Jalen, the guy who hasn't missed a game for the Jaguars since he was drafted?  Suddenly he asks for a trade and he's conjured up a series of semi-plausible absence excuses including a cliffhanger indefinite one as a finale within one week?  Nahhhh.

Tony coming in way too hot with the way overly-defensive reply like that pretty much just seals it for me.  It's like WWE ****.  "Bah gawwwwd Gene, that man has a FAMILY!!!  How could you!!!".  Like okay...totally out of nowhere, the guy who cares more about spreadsheets and soccer is deeply offended someone would even suggest Jalen's easy out might be partially fabricated/expanded out of convenience due to the situation.  Totally, absolutely, fully buying it.  9_9  Definitely not being used as a proxy trying to dispel angst at all probably.  

It's pretty clear the pregnancy is the convenient excuse. But Gene's comment about her not being pregnant?  That was fairly well known,  and as a beat writer you should have known.  I have no issue with TK going at him for that. 

However,  as I said... this was a convenient excuse.

As I mentioned,  the Team Doctors confirming Jalen was sick was Jaguars spin.

My take?

Jalen screwed up. He called in sick, leaked he had a flu. And as many noted, you can't fake that in the NFL.

So Jalen's camp tells Anderson and Clark that Jalen is really sick. Jags confirm because obviously,  they don't want his value to tank. They agree to play along with it.

Jalen comes up with a better excuse (back, hamstring). More difficult to confirm. 

Then at some point, they decide to go the pregnancy route.

Others have missed days and a week for this. 

My bet is Jalen misses three weeks...through deadline.