New optimism regarding Teddy B.

Mid Iowa

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

The first drive of the 2nd half with the 2 long balls seemed to change the entire defense of the Buccs, to our favor.

I was thrilled to hear (radio) he finally threw some deep balls, and had the best game of his career.

I hope he keeps it going, I'm online daily looking for crow recipes.

Crow kabobs, bbq crow, crow stew, broiled crow, seared crow, crow gumbo.......

d45701e97f01e6b24e99b906af87c3e0.png

• Like 1

Glad that Teddy is doing well with the Saints. He was never a good fit for a Norv Turner offense. Maybe 2016 would have changed my mind but we'll never know because of the injury. He needs to be in an offense like Shurmur's or Payton's. Teddy also ran the offense in college and had complete control at LOS. Hopefully he grows more comfortable in the Saint's offense and takes over for Brees when he retires.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Glad that Teddy is doing well with the Saints. He was never a good fit for a Norv Turner offense. Maybe 2016 would have changed my mind but we'll never know because of the injury. He needs to be in an offense like Shurmur's or Payton's. Teddy also ran the offense in college and had complete control at LOS. Hopefully he grows more comfortable in the Saint's offense and takes over for Brees when he retires.

I had my doubts, but he's fast making me a believer.  He's careful with the football and makes accurate throws.  That's essentially all we need.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, Xenos said:

You are so correct. Carr would've been much better in Turner's system but Minnesota loved Teddy's interviews and they saw him as a safer prospect.

I won't root for the Saints but I'm happy for Teddy. I'd gladly welcome him back to my team right now!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Teddy struggled quite a bit yesterday. But he's safe. He didn't turn it over and did a good job of getting the ball out (for the most part). He had a few HUGE missed opportunities, but he did enough with a dominant Saints defense.

He definitely missed some wide open targets......I'll blame it on that stupid glove he insists on wearing on his throwing hand :D

Brees had to be going over the formation replays on the tablet salivating. Easy completions missed all day long.

7 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Teddy struggled quite a bit yesterday. But he's safe. He didn't turn it over and did a good job of getting the ball out (for the most part). He had a few HUGE missed opportunities, but he did enough with a dominant Saints defense.

Here's the thing I love about this entire team. If they have a bad week/game, they usually turn around and have a great game. We go to Chicago this week to face the Bears who just lost in London to the Raiders, and are coming off a bye. Our entire team needs to step it up big time, and Teddy needs another game like he had vs. Tampa. 

The nice thing is, Teddy's no stranger to Soldier Field. Hopefully that gives him a little better edge than just a standard backup.

23 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You are so correct. Carr would've been much better in Turner's system but Minnesota loved Teddy's interviews and they saw him as a safer prospect.

I won't root for the Saints but I'm happy for Teddy. I'd gladly welcome him back to my team right now!

You should! They're going to win the Super Bowl, not your team.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:04 AM, Mid Iowa said:

You know who's name/number I didn't hear was Erik McCoy, #78, our new center. He played well.

I haven't had the time to rewatch the game, just a few highlights. So far, the only pressure play he was involved in was at about 9:30 left in the 2nd, we were at 3 & 7 in the red zone and Dallas brought the house. McCoy and Peat had a double on Collins, and McCoy had to release to pick up Jaylon Smith on the blitz. He did, and Peat quickly lost control of Collins for the sack.

Other than that, McCoy deserves mention for hanging tight as a rookie against not only Dallas, but also Seattle, and the Rams the week before.

Through Week 6, Erik McCoy is the ONLY Center in the NFL currently ranked inside the top 5 at the position in run block and pass block grading.

The #Saints second-rounder is now the league's 4th ranked Center in overall grade.

#WhoDat https://t.co/yfd1yERcR5

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Through Week 6, Erik McCoy is the ONLY Center in the NFL currently ranked inside the top 5 at the position in run block and pass block grading.

The #Saints second-rounder is now the league's 4th ranked Center in overall grade.

#WhoDat https://t.co/yfd1yERcR5

I got mocked after Week 1 when I said he looked every bit as good as Unger.

like it was impossible lol 

McCoy is a stud and it was apparent way back in TC

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dome said:

I got mocked after Week 1 when I said he looked every bit as good as Unger.

like it was impossible lol 

McCoy is a stud and it was apparent way back in TC

You know what's funny, is we don't know what a great "all around" lineman looks like. Unger was a beast for us, and other than that, we've had very few guys who are the full run/pass package. 

Hmmm, have any of us praised Jeff Ireland and Terry Fontenot lately?

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

You know what's funny, is we don't know what a great "all around" lineman looks like. Unger was a beast for us, and other than that, we've had very few guys who are the full run/pass package. 

Hmmm, have any of us praised Jeff Ireland and Terry Fontenot lately?

Yep...other than Charlie Brown...the Saints historically don't miss on their OL evaluations. Peat has been really inconsistent and has been a bit injury prone at times...but there's no way I'd call him a disappointment. Ireland and Fontenot have been really incredible. With limited draft resources...just killing it. 

• Like 1