W1: Atlanta Falcons (0-0) vs. Chicago Bears (0-0)

Jgoldiscool

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Really looking for the falcons to go pedal down this game. Need to show we can finish strong and not let teams back in it, happened all last year even if it was garbage time points and then obvs the superbowl. I say falcons y 14+.

I could see something like that happening. Score on first drive, force a punt on their drive and then add another 3 from a FG. After that just keep the gap large enough to be safe. 

Rookie QB's tend to do well against our D (tbh I'm not even sure if Trubinski is starting) but most of that happened during the Smitty years so I'm not worried. Mostly excited about the D making some plays. Takk and Riley should be good to watch. 

What a game.

Didn't like the offense for most of the first half. Seemed like all the explosiveness from last year was gone. Liked the Hooper TD in the second half apart from the fact Matt got hammered. Really hope Schweitzer will improve soon cause the passblocking seemed shoddy.

D played a decent game apart from letting Cohen feast on them. I guess they gameplanned for Howard so the shift to having to defend against a little shifty guy was a bit big but it still wasn't too impressive.

Didn't really hear Takk get called all game. Duke made some rookie mistakes but he's a rook so ehh. Overall just happy with the win.

Winning is always the key, no matter how it looks. 

I think the Bears game planned us perfectly. Sark is still a little gun shy at the moment which was why we kept dialling up some seriously stupid run plays one after another. Really needed to stretch that field a bit to give us some running room. Must say a little concerned, but that field also really hampered our athletic ability overall. Online was okay and just that okay. Matt he was okay. RB's okay. TE brilliant. WR's solid as usual. Nothing brilliant and overly flashy, but still a great way to grind out a win and I must say I was jumping for joy when Reed did take down Glennon at the end. 

On the D side I was super pumped with the hitting and the speed to the ball carrier. A little over enthused in some places, but as the season progresses I think this unit will be deadly and I can't wait to see them next week in our place flying over the field. We are built to play teams like Green Bay and Seattle, but not so much the old school teams like Chicago. 

Give the team a week to look at a few things and I think we will put in a strong showing against Green Bay. Not sure if we will win, but I want to see consistent progression with the O play calling or look for Matt to take the reigns a little more. 

Archived