5 Up, 5 Down

LETSGOBROWNIES

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The only thing that really bugged me in the second half was Freddie being an idiot and not pulling Baker, OBJ and Landry or at a minimum stop having him throw and exposing him to hits.

That was a head scratcher.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that he wanted Baker to throw more to hopefully establish more of a rhythm and to get comfortable moving forward. But yeah, it was definitely pretty silly to risk him getting injured when the game was wrapped up.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that he wanted Baker to throw more to hopefully establish more of a rhythm and to get comfortable moving forward. But yeah, it was definitely pretty silly to risk him getting injured when the game was wrapped up.

The coach needs or sit the player, regardless of what they want.

Especially since it’s week 2.

7 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’m a bit worried about Baker. I don’t want to sound like a **** who’s jumping on any sign but I feel like I’m allowed to because in fairness I’d been consistent from before we drafted him about some of the fears I’ve got.

He is struggling to see the defense at the moment. Especially with the pressure. Which is understandable as most QBs will be worse vs pressure obviously.

I think he’ll be okay and he is an accurate guy who can get it done when he’s got time, but I am a little bit worried he isn’t quite as special as advertised.

He looks lost at times, he never did last year 

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

You have to live with Bell catching 10 checkdowns. It's going to be open in zone defense and it's on the defense to rally and tackle effectively. You constantly concede the flat in zone. It works if you can rally and tackle, which we did against the Jets for the most part.

Yeah and Falk's production was garbage time I was just looking for downs that hadn't already been mentioned. In the grand scheme of things we gave them those plays for the most part because of circumstances.

UP:

DL & LBs

Special Teams

OL  for the most part

Chubb (when left in the game and getting the ball)

Wide Receiver group

DOWN:

Freddie needs to give up play calling. I think he has too much on his plate, especially for a rookie HC. Taking too long to get calls in.

Discipline still needs to improve. Garrett is very good and the offside occasionally is okay, but the late hits are just silly (although the second one was a bit ticky tack)

DBs did not impress for the most part.

Not using Chubb enough in the game plan. Taking him out for Johnson as much as they did boggles the mind.

I think OBJ is bad for Baker, in that he seems to focus on him too much. Lot of open looks were ignored.

Edited by Pruitt3443
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

1. Kirko played fast for the first time in 2 years 

2. Greedy looked solid

3. We know baker is better than this

1. Coaching 

2. We were all round better than last year  

3. Juice aint great at wr

Why do we randomly hate on players in here? Juice is a great slot receiver.

6 hours ago, DawgX said:

With how often Gregg likes to blitz, Freddie should have called more quick passes and screens.

Mostly agree but Greggg was pretty reserved (for him) with the blitz last night.

Looked like he showed it a lot but had the players dropping back instead a lot, too.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Why do we randomly hate on players in here? Juice is a great slot receiver.

Not at all random. The greatest minds in this sub forum meet and make those decisions. There is an opening now so maybe you should apply but I can't guarantee anything. We've finally given up on one of our great leaders coming back and need to fill that opening.

RIP Fumblebluntz.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not at all random. The greatest minds in this sub forum meet and make those decisions. There is an opening now so maybe you should apply but I can't guarantee anything. We've finally given up on one of our great leaders coming back and need to fill that opening.

RIP Fumblebluntz.

Any post mentioning fumblebluntz gets a football.

rumor has it, he smoked a blunt after his last post and simply hasn’t woken up yet. 

• Like 2