Week 3: MNF - (1-1) Bears "@" (0-2) Redskins

MikeT14

Who: The 1-1 Chicago Bears "at" the 0-2 Washington Redskins

When and where: FedEx Field, Landover, MD, Monday night the 23rd at 8:15 PM on ESPN.

Line: Bears -4
O/U: 41.5

Leaders:
Mitch Trubisky - 42-72, 348 yards, INT
Case Keenum - 56-81, 601 yards, 5 TD

David Montgomery - 24 carries, 80 yards, 1 TD
Adrian Peterson - 10 carries, 25 yards, 1 TD

Allen Robinson - 11 rec, 143 yards
Terry McLaurin - 10 rec, 187 yards, 2 TD

Team Stats:
PPG - Bears 9.5 / Redskins 24.0
Points Allowed - Bears 12.0 / Redskins 31.5
Yards Per Game - Bears P: 174.0 R: 99.5 / Redskins P: 300.5 R: 37.5
Yards Allowed - Bears P: 247.5 R: 68.5 / Redskins P: 291.0 / R: 168.0

Matchup Predictor per ESPN: Bears 57.4% / Redskins 42.2%

1) Will Johnathan Allen be back? He helps keep the defense somewhat mediocre.
2) The stout Bears run D vs. the Redskins abysmal run game. Can the tides turn?
3) Does Mitch continue to suck, or do the Redskins help him regain his confidence?

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

O/U 1.5 sacks and 2.5 holds against Mack Monday?

Mack vs Moses? It’s going to be ugly?

Heck Floyd is so fast he’ll probably get a few also.

There’s no way we’ll be able to run on Eddie Goldman (who we took PSmith over in 2015) and Akeem Hicks.

Akeem Hicks will abuse Scherff too.

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Fed Ex Field on a Monday night?

Guaranteed blow out for the Bears!

31-13 Bears!

Keenum benched in the 4th after throwing his 3rd interception to the vaunted Bears defense.

Haskins Era begins! Haskins starts vs the Giants for a rookie vs rookie match up.

The scary thing is I can completely see this happening!!! Keenum has been super efficient which I believe Gruden system allows for that. Which I believe Pat Shurmor’s with Minnesota. I believe the defense can get it together. The issue to me isn’t the actual talent it’s one effort two preparation and mostly scheme. Manusky should have been replaced but I mean who do you replace a guy with who is legit when nobody believes Gruden will be here next year? As for this game I think we get a better idea of what this defense can be. Anyone who believes safty isn’t a important position clearly hasn’t seen what TE’s and deep WR’s have done to this defense since we’ve gone to a 3-4. But the Bears should win their defense should shut down what we want to do on offense while our defense will make a huge mistake on the back end and the defense will lose their effort and **** down and you’ll see RB’s churn up the middle of the field for chunk plays and you’ll know by the 3rd quarter that we are going to lose while looking like a completely different team.

22 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

The scary thing is I can completely see this happening!!! Keenum has been super efficient which I believe Gruden system allows for that. Which I believe Pat Shurmor’s with Minnesota. I believe the defense can get it together. The issue to me isn’t the actual talent it’s one effort two preparation and mostly scheme. Manusky should have been replaced but I mean who do you replace a guy with who is legit when nobody believes Gruden will be here next year? As for this game I think we get a better idea of what this defense can be. Anyone who believes safty isn’t a important position clearly hasn’t seen what TE’s and deep WR’s have done to this defense since we’ve gone to a 3-4. But the Bears should win their defense should shut down what we want to do on offense while our defense will make a huge mistake on the back end and the defense will lose their effort and **** down and you’ll see RB’s churn up the middle of the field for chunk plays and you’ll know by the 3rd quarter that we are going to lose while looking like a completely different team.

Keenum has been up and down. He was definitely good the first quarter and a half vs Phila. He hit Davis on a realively short pass and then Davis broke 5 tackles and took it 50 yards for a TD. Davis did all the worlk. He hit an open Scary Terry for a 69 yard TD. After that? Keenum didn’t do anything until garbage time. Vs Dallas he three for 221 yards and 2 TDs (75 yards and a TD of that was in garbage time once again) and for most of the game he was a bit inaccurate like in the second half vs Phila. He missed several open throws in each game.

I don't hate Keenum but when I know Haskins could do what Keenum is doing and possibly more bc he has a stronger arm, it bothers me that we’re keeping the young guy from playing and getting that era started.

Collins has been good vs RBs & TEs - or Ertz & Witten didn't kill us for the first time that I can remember. The Eagles and Cowboys beat the Redskins on the outside to their WRs and their WRs beat our corners. Nicholson has been fine but the corners have blown coverages and Norman has freelanced since we signed him but when the corners flow coverages the safety cant cover 2 or 3 guys at once.

Truthfully our safety coverage hasn't been elite since Gibbs/Cerrato let Ryan Clark walk in 06. 

Swearinger was pretty good in coverage. We had a poor stretch of safety coverage from 08-2016.

Also, we had very little pass rush in either game, you can't cover WRs for 10 seconds.

Edited by turtle28