Giants Bench Eli, Name Daniel Jones Starting QB

ramssuperbowl99

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:23 PM, Soggust said:

Besides the two Super Bowls and ability to stay healthy and accumulate bulk stats, what is extraordinary about his career?

Gotta laugh at the irony of this statement....

Never mind those two super bowl wins, and subsequent MVP awards;  Forget the fact that he's top 10 All-time in passing yards and TD passes....  Yeah, what did the bum ever do...

Do you believe that a QB who was not an MVP or All Pro Caliber player who's best case is two team awards should be in the HoF? Not saying will he (because I think he obviously will be), but should he?  

No, to be honest.  But what do you think about Warren Moon being in the hall?  IMO, Moon was good, not great; no hardware; turnover machine; substandard playoff record; no all-pro; no MVP... yet he's in, and nobody seems to have a problem with it...

And this is exactly what I was saying in an earlier post.  Folks are quick to credit the Super bowls as 'team victories', but in the same breath knock Eli's W-L record.  The team wins; Eli loses... love how that one works.....

Yes, he had the SB MVPs (which you don't even get there if you're team isn't good), but I would argue that those were mostly a lack of better candidate and him being the face of the team rather than undeniably exceptional play. I'm not suggesting he was awful or even bad, but if wasn't like he had ridiculously outrageous games as a whole in either. And those two games alone are essentially his entire case for the HoF, unless I'm missing something obvious?

Ok, disregard the MVPs if you want.  How about his play in the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl; He was brilliant...  From 2006-2016 Eli was firmly a top 10 QB.  This whole notion that Eli was mediocre his entire career is a joke...

And so what if the Super Bowls are his only argument for the hall...  You can probably make the same case for Aikman, Bradshaw, and Namath; Look at Aikman's regular season stats; Do you think he'd be in the hall without the rings?  Eli didn't have Emmitt and Irvin...

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, frenchie said:

Gotta laugh at the irony of this statement....

Never mind those two super bowl wins, and subsequent MVP awards;  Forget the fact that he's top 10 All-time in passing yards and TD passes....  Yeah, what did the bum ever do...

Already addressed these individually. SB wins are team awards. Without those wins, he clearly isn't a HoF player. His bulk stats are clearly a product of the era he is in.

No, to be honest.  But what do you think about Warren Moon being in the hall?  IMO, Moon was good, not great; no hardware; turnover machine; substandard playoff record; no all-pro; no MVP... yet he's in, and nobody seems to have a problem with it...

And this is exactly what I was saying in an earlier post.  Folks are quick to credit the Super bowls as 'team victories', but in the same breath knock Eli's W-L record.  The team wins; Eli loses... love how that one works.....

I'd probably agree. I've maintained all along that Eli doesn't deserve to be in the HoF, not that he won't make it. Clearly the NFL has set a precedent that will let Eli in, but I'm just stating I disagree with it.

Ok, disregard the MVPs if you want.  How about his play in the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl; He was brilliant...  From 2006-2016 Eli was firmly a top 10 QB.  This whole notion that Eli was mediocre his entire career is a joke...

And so what if the Super Bowls are his only argument for the hall...  You can probably make the same case for Aikman, Bradshaw, and Namath; Look at Aikman's regular season stats; Do you think he'd be in the hall without the rings?  Eli didn't have Emmitt and Irvin...

LOL stop