Giants Bench Eli, Name Daniel Jones Starting QB

ramssuperbowl99

Eli is the scape goat but whats going to be the excuse when they cant move the ball with Jones, hes got no weapons outside of Engram with tate suspended and shepherd injured. That offense started off strong against the bills then they changed the game plan. Had they stuck to it they could be in a different position. I think the coaching may be the main issue or as equal issue as Eli. Either way this will give the young man reps but they have to many needs to make them a contender this year and hopefully it doesnt harm Jones mentally if he is getting crushed each week as that was my concern for Josh Allen last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hall of Fame career. Watching this past his prime Eli the past few years has given me new appreciation for prime Eli as well. I've never seen a QB take as much punishment as Eli did in that 2011 NFC Championship game and still continue to get up, stand in the pocket, take more hits, and make the throws.

eligrass_1.jpg

What a god.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shockey1979 said:

Would be a fitting end for both considering they came in together. Rivers probably last a few more years though.

Great.  Now you cursed him.  He's going to go out with something strange like his man bits fell off making another kid.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Eli is the scape goat but whats going to be the excuse when they cant move the ball with Jones, hes got no weapons outside of Engram with tate suspended and shepherd injured. That offense started off strong against the bills then they changed the game plan. Had they stuck to it they could be in a different position. I think the coaching may be the main issue or as equal issue as Eli. Either way this will give the young man reps but they have to many needs to make them a contender this year and hopefully it doesnt harm Jones mentally if he is getting crushed each week as that was my concern for Josh Allen last year.

I mean..he has arguably the most lethal weapon in the NFL right now behind him...

Agreed on the second part. That's why I would have waited until after the Pats game. Don't need that BB defense scattering his brain.

1 minute ago, Shockey1979 said:

I mean..he has arguably the most lethal weapon in the NFL right now behind him...

Agreed on the second part. That's why I would have waited until after the Pats game. Don't need that BB defense scattering his brain.

We can't wait to have a perfect offense for Jones to come in. Look at what Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, and Murray have started with within the past year. Jones's surrounding offensive talent is better than all of them when they started. The trait DG raved about the most from Jones is toughness- mental and physical. Time for him to prove it.

I don't expect Danny Dimes out of the gate, especially against Todd Bowles and Belichick defenses. But he needs some on the job training, and he's going to get more than he can handle. It will be great experience.