Giants Bench Eli, Name Daniel Jones Starting QB

ramssuperbowl99

TB D has played well & WAS D is decent - so those first 4 games are going to test him at a real NFL level more than the preseason.    Time to see what he’s got.  Looking forward to seeing him play. 

And Saquon owners couldn’t be happier.  Eli was a train wreck.  

Edited by Broncofan

16 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

I mean..he has arguably the most lethal weapon in the NFL right now behind him...

Agreed on the second part. That's why I would have waited until after the Pats game. Don't need that BB defense scattering his brain.

Oh I was talking about passing, i know he counts on barkley in some passing but as a typical offense you have players to count on to throw down the field and look what he has had the 1st two weeks. I think this is a knee jerk reaction and should have waited until they were announced to no longer be in the running for playoffs so around week 8-9 not 3. Even if Daniel Jones comes in and plays great your still lacking a defense which would be tough to carry a team as a rookie. 

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This is a mistake. Jones has normal development trait in Madden and is 65 OVR. Giants should tank and draft a QB with star development next year.

See this man knows how to build a football team.  Though since those are his stats, they are probably still worse than Eli's so it's only going to help the tank obviously.

I'm not as high on Jones as Giants fans obviously are, I still think Jones is going to end up the better QB, but Jones should be your consistent average QB in the NFL, which is still better than Eli right now.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Eli Manning trade going to happen or no?  I don't feel like he's ready to retire. 

He has a no trade clause and has expressed explicitly that he doesn't want to go anywhere else, but that was before this move. If he waives his no trade clause and wants to play elsewhere it could happen, but I think the Giants want him around to help with Jones and I don't think Eli wants to go anywhere else. He and his family are firmly tied to the NJ area and he's got a bunch of little kids, including a relatively newborn son.

If it happens that Eli waives his no trade clause and decides he wants to play more than he wants to stay in NJ, I could see the Jaguars being interested. Possibly the Steelers? Really small chance that happens though.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Time to see how “Danny Dimes” does against live fire. 

Excuse me sir, his nickname is "Fumble Jones"

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

• Creator of the meme "Full-Eli"
  • Dad-bod bucket carrier 
  • Owner of the this face:

weDB0U.gif

It annoys me that they benched him right before he could lock in a losing record (and the all time INT record?). I remember having so many arguments as a wee-lad with the East:

Eli v McNabb v Romo v Some Scrub.

Now its:

Fumble Jones v wINTz v PresGod v Some Scrub. 

Looks like some things never change. 

Edited by Matts4313