General News and Notes

.Buzz

Does anyone listen to the Bold Take?

Great podcast, but Dilla basically confirming that Caldwell was McCaffery or trade down to BUF for Mahomes and Coughlin stepped in and said it has to be Fournette.

So damning man. I love Fournette but...

14 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Does anyone listen to the Bold Take?

Great podcast, but Dilla basically confirming that Caldwell was McCaffery or trade down to BUF for Mahomes and Coughlin stepped in and said it has to be Fournette.

So damning man. I love Fournette but...

lmao.  And you believe this?

Oh yeah man, i would've done something amazing, but i totally couldn't because like...Coughlin stopped me.

It's just some sort of bizarre thing where Coughlin is now the fall guy for all of the many many failings of this whole entire regime.

Like...total bull**** Caldwell thought he had the safe standing to trade down and draft a "project" QB, after already whiffing completely on the Bortles thing.  GMs know they don't have that kind of leeway.  That's just total nonsense.  There isn't a chance that is what really happened at the time.

Edited by Tugboat

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

lmao.  And you believe this?

Oh yeah man, i would've done something amazing, but i totally couldn't because like...Coughlin stopped me.

It's just some sort of bizarre thing where Coughlin is now the fall guy for all of the many many failings of this whole entire regime.

Like...total bull**** Caldwell thought he had the safe standing to trade down and draft a "project" QB, after already whiffing completely on the Bortles thing.  GMs know they don't have that kind of leeway.  That's just total nonsense.  There isn't a chance that is what really happened at the time.

Believe what you want. Regardless of players there, I 100 percent believe Coughlin would do something like that. That's literally Coughlins MO, even more so with the report about him and Marrone and the details of what was said to each other.

Just listen to Coughlin with his Jay Fund interview yesterday and his tone along with Marrone basically daring to fire him in every presser he has with his obvious jabs at the FO continuously second guessing him and the team not knowing who the actual leader/coach is.

Edited by .Buzz

Coughlins literally a cancer. The guy has no qualifications to be running a football OP and is a power hungry ******* that tipped Jalen off the edge (not that Jalen is innocent) and yes, I very much believe a guy with full control of our football operations would definitely overpower our "GM" on who we would draft and definitely outbid themselves on a QB because he won a Superbowl in Foles.

Yes, yes I do.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Believe what you want. Regardless of players there, I 100 percent believe Coughlin would do something like that. That's literally Coughlins MO, even more so with the report about him and Marrone and the details of what was said to each other.

Just listen to Coughlin with his Jay Fund interview yesterday and his tone along with Marrone basically daring to fire him in every presser he has with his obvious jabs at the FO continuously second guessing him and the team not knowing who the actual leader/coach is.

I mean, i'm not doubting that Coughlin would pull that type of power move at all.  That is his deal.  That's the kind of controlling garbage he does, which alienates everyone around him.

I just don't for one second, buy this little bit of spin about how Caldwell wanted to draft Mahomes and save the franchise.  He was full on ride or die with Bortles at the time.  That was his guy, and trying to spin the narrative otherwise by retroactively pinning that disaster on Coughlin, is pure horse manure.  Frankly...having Coughlin come in, is probably a big part of why Caldwell somehow got a reprieve as GM after completely whiffing on his QB pick in the first place.  It was a de facto demotion back to "head scout", where Caldwell's success in the later rounds had looked a lot better than his litany of 1st round draft busts.

Like...Coughlin being toxic, doesn't mean Caldwell doesn't also suck very hard.  And that feels very much like trying to quietly spin it as though it's all Coughlin's fault and Caldwell would've been amazing if he'd been allowed to do his own thing.  Which we know isn't true...based on Caldwell's disastrous run before Coughlin even arrived.

On 05/12/2019 at 5:17 PM, .Buzz said:

The prospect of having Yan and Allen opposite each other for a lot of years to come, really has been one of the very few bright spots and things worth watching at all this year.  They really better not goof this up.  GET YAN SIGNED.

Per BCC

Jacksonville’s list also includes several alternates including, kicker Josh Lambo (first alternate), running back Leonard Fournette (second alternate), defensive end Josh Allen (second alternate), punter Logan Cooke (third alternated) and wide receiver DJ Chark Jr. (third alternate).

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/12/17/21027044/jaguars-calais-campbell-named-third-straight-pro-bowl

• Like 1