General News and Notes

.Buzz

55 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I fully expect him to get cut based on his cap hit and how he's played the last couple years.

i fully expect us to keep him cuz we dont need to make another hole to fill because as it stands right now we need atleast 1 Starting OL, 1 Starting TE, 1 Starting WR,  1 Starting LB, 1 Starting DT, 1 CB/NB/FS.  with ramsey and bouye u knew 1 had to be gone when/if ramsey got extended.  now we dont have much tied up to the position and while he hasnt been as good as 2017 bouye especially in terms of ints but Honestly outside of Ngakoue(cuz we all know hes performed and done his job) who has performed at or near that 2017 level?   

for whatever bouyes being paid its worth it when u hold arguebly the best wr in Football(Hopkins) to 6 catches for 48 yards.   ill take that all day.  while we do need cap room im expecting Khan to not fire anyone cuz hes not a rash guy and if we fired both of them already we would have a step up in terms of potentially getting who u want as your Gm/HC/President.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i fully expect us to keep him cuz we dont need to make another hole to fill because as it stands right now we need atleast 1 Starting OL, 1 Starting TE, 1 Starting WR,  1 Starting LB, 1 Starting DT, 1 CB/NB/FS.  with ramsey and bouye u knew 1 had to be gone when/if ramsey got extended.  now we dont have much tied up to the position and while he hasnt been as good as 2017 bouye especially in terms of ints but Honestly outside of Ngakoue(cuz we all know hes performed and done his job) who has performed at or near that 2017 level?   

for whatever bouyes being paid its worth it when u hold arguebly the best wr in Football(Hopkins) to 6 catches for 48 yards.   ill take that all day.  while we do need cap room im expecting Khan to not fire anyone cuz hes not a rash guy and if we fired both of them already we would have a step up in terms of potentially getting who u want as your Gm/HC/President.  

You can sign a decent guy like what AJs been providing for lessnif you don't want to draft one.

He's been playing like an average corner that outside of Hopkins has gotten worked against each #1 we play. What's the point in paying him $12M for that?

Just now, .Buzz said:

You can sign a decent guy like what AJs been providing for lessnif you don't want to draft one.

He's been playing like an average corner that outside of Hopkins has gotten worked against each #1 we play. What's the point in paying him $12M for that?

whats the point of cutting him to just save cap room when we wont extend Ngakoue cuz Jags will Jags. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

...ok.

only way im fine with bouye gone is Byron Jones joins us

heres the list of the best corners available.

Marcus Peters(Hard Pass, dude cant tackle and has character problems dating back to college.)

Byron Jones(Athletic corner in his prime.  can play FS in a pinch if needed and also can be a slot corner if needed. 

Chris Harris(good but hes already 31 years old.

James Bradberry(hes a solid unspectacular corner in his prime)

Logan Ryan(hes a number 2 corner.)

Edited by LinderFournette

22 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

only way im fine with bouye gone is Byron Jones joins us

heres the list of the best corners available.

Marcus Peters(Hard Pass, dude cant tackle and has character problems dating back to college.)

Byron Jones(Athletic corner in his prime.  can play FS in a pinch if needed and also can be a slot corner if needed. 

Chris Harris(good but hes already 31 years old.

James Bradberry(hes a solid unspectacular corner in his prime)

Logan Ryan(hes a number 2 corner.)

We're going to be bad next year. I don't see us breaking the bank on a top FA.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We're going to be bad next year. I don't see us breaking the bank on a top FA.

we can be good next year.   we have some good pieces on both sides of the ball.  provided some of the Young Draft picks develop along the course like your boy Jawaan Taylor and Cam robinson plays better we should be better offensively depending on what we do in the draft/and free agency(im looking at TE cuz as much as James O'Shaughnessy had a connection with Minshew hes just an average guy and if we got an improvement over him from Oliver, a FA addition(Henry, hooper, ebron), or Draft pick(Hopkins, Pickney, Okwengbum(im sure i butchered that last name but im sure u know whom i mean).  defensively if we can get a new coordinator/scheme i think it will make a big difference cuz Wash refuses to make any adjustments and is always killed by a Mcvay/Shanohan style offense.    we have to get better at stoopping the run but that should be Improved by Derrick Brown should we be lucky enough he falls to us.  i do think Campbell needs to restructure or face being cut.  hes still good but his play is definitely dropping off as hes struggling to get off blocks more and more.  

Just now, LinderFournette said:

we can be good next year.   we have some good pieces on both sides of the ball.  provided some of the Young Draft picks develop along the course like your boy Jawaan Taylor and Cam robinson plays better we should be better offensively depending on what we do in the draft/and free agency(im looking at TE cuz as much as James O'Shaughnessy had a connection with Minshew hes just an average guy and if we got an improvement over him from Oliver, a FA addition(Henry, hooper, ebron), or Draft pick(Hopkins, Pickney, Okwengbum(im sure i butchered that last name but im sure u know whom i mean).  defensively if we can get a new coordinator/scheme i think it will make a big difference cuz Wash refuses to make any adjustments and is always killed by a Mcvay/Shanohan style offense.    we have to get better at stoopping the run but that should be Improved by Derrick Brown should we be lucky enough he falls to us.  i do think Campbell needs to restructure or face being cut.  hes still good but his play is definitely dropping off as hes struggling to get off blocks more and more.  

You are hanging on a ton of things in that post.

We have Yan, Allen, Herndon, and a bunch of "guys" currently looking at things on defense. Offensively we still don't know what our QB situation looks like, our OL is full of question marks (including my boy Jawaan Taylor). Fournette has been above average this year which is good but that isn't carrying our offense. We have no TE on the roster worthy of betting on. Right now it's Chark and a bunch of average to below average dudes.

This team would need to get lucky as hell on guys progressing/getting back to form and hitting on FA's (I really don't expect us to go deep on guys. Definitely going to try and fill some holes here and there but I dont see us breaking the bank on a guy. A few medium priced guys sure) and the draft picks coming in and producing immediately.

This team doesn't look close at all.

🙋‍♂️I have question if you’ve seen it this year and it didn’t work. Why continue to pay players for subpar play?

To me it seems that if you have a contract that you’re able to get out of then you go ahead and get out of it. It seems like they should re-evaluate and cut sling by paying vet minimums to go 4-12 than pay the roster we currently have to go 6-10 next year I’m just saying 🤷‍♂️.

This team is not going to be any good next year I don’t care how you slice it. 

Edited by DuvalsKing
  • Like 1