General News and Notes

.Buzz

50 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

🙋‍♂️I have question if you’ve seen it this year and it didn’t work. Why continue to pay players for subpar play?

To me it seems that if you have a contract that you’re able to get out of then you go ahead and get out of it. It seems like they should re-evaluate and cut sling by paying vet minimums to go 4-12 than pay the roster we currently have to go 6-10 next year I’m just saying 🤷‍♂️.

This team is not going to be any good next year I don’t care how you slice it. 

Exactly. 

You can just try and find a gem or someone player equivently to what they're worth on the FA market instead of paying Bouye and co. as if he's a #1 corner when he's not.

Edited by .Buzz

9 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

🙋‍♂️I have question if you’ve seen it this year and it didn’t work. Why continue to pay players for subpar play?

To me it seems that if you have a contract that you’re able to get out of then you go ahead and get out of it. It seems like they should re-evaluate and cut sling by paying vet minimums to go 4-12 than pay the roster we currently have to go 6-10 next year I’m just saying 🤷‍♂️.

This team is not going to be any good next year I don’t care how you slice it. 

I mean...the point is, don't go 4-12 or 6-10.  Build a team to actually win for once.  You can turn a team around a hurry, even while carrying some mediocre overpaid players on the books these days.  If you've got a bunch of slick moves lined up to replace Bouye with a similar player at less salary, without expending draft picks and leaning on a rookie CB...sure, go for it.  But if you actually want to go into a season with the intention of winning games next year...we just have way too many holes to patch already, to go on and create another one for fun by cutting a decent but overpaid player.

It's like...make cap space if you have a plan to actually use it to make the team better.  Don't just cut the guy because you can, or for the sake of saving a few pennies while sucking.  Ultimately...If the team is gonna suck either way, i want Khan to feel the entirety of the weight of the bad decisions his people have made.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean...the point is, don't go 4-12 or 6-10.  Build a team to actually win for once.  You can turn a team around a hurry, even while carrying some mediocre overpaid players on the books these days.  If you've got a bunch of slick moves lined up to replace Bouye with a similar player at less salary, without expending draft picks and leaning on a rookie CB...sure, go for it.  But if you actually want to go into a season with the intention of winning games next year...we just have way too many holes to patch already, to go on and create another one for fun by cutting a decent but overpaid player.

It's like...make cap space if you have a plan to actually use it to make the team better.  Don't just cut the guy because you can, or for the sake of saving a few pennies while sucking.  Ultimately...If the team is gonna suck either way, i want Khan to feel the entirety of the weight of the bad decisions his people have made.

I get what you’re saying but there are too many holes to fill that 1 free agency or draft period is just not going to cut it. Partly the reasoning why to me it doesn’t make sense to bring back Caldwell and Marrone the situation is in ruins as is. So to expect the current leadership to fix depth issues, retool skill positions, re build the trenches on both sides of the ball, plus fix 2 yrs of bad habits discipline and penalties issue is a hard ask. You’re basically going into the season knowing your going to be trash in a situation that you’re not going to be able to turn around well enough to save your job. When you can essentially get a new regime know you’re  going to be bad yet you can see the progression of year 1 to 2 by starting the clock now. Instead of delaying the inevitable sitting through another year of piss poor football to ultimately fire every one end of next yr. This team makes the dumbest decisions probably not as dumb as the Browns but pretty damn close.

As constructed what money can be used in FA to fix some of the current issues?😏

Jags literally have to hit on every pick this offseason and hope everyone from the last 2 drafts makes considerable jumps.

I don’t see it.

Edited by DuvalsKing

I'd much rather cut bait with guys like Bouye, Dareus, Campbell, etc. and take those double digits cap hits and give it to Yan as well as pay guys who did perform this year and may be more worth those type of contracts than continue to pay guys who aren't worth it for sure.

Campbell is definitely just gonna continue to regress, Dareus obviously isn't worth close to that cap hit, and AJ has regressed each year the past couple years.

32 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'd much rather cut bait with guys like Bouye, Dareus, Campbell, etc. and take those double digits cap hits and give it to Yan as well as pay guys who did perform this year and may be more worth those type of contracts than continue to pay guys who aren't worth it for sure.

Campbell is definitely just gonna continue to regress, Dareus obviously isn't worth close to that cap hit, and AJ has regressed each year the past couple years.

Agreed it doesn’t make sense to keep shelling out money to be mediocre to bad it’s illogical.  But it’s not my money and the Jags make illogical decisions. It’s like the Jags just totaled a car and they’re still making payments on it.

On 27/12/2019 at 7:45 AM, .Buzz said:

The problem is, we suck at CB, even with Bouye.  What makes people think it'd be better without him?

Like...Marcus Peters just signed a 3x$42M deal.  He's a pretty comparable CB to what Bouye can do.  If you cut Bouye...you'd darn well better have a replacement plan in place.  He's mediocre, but he's still the very best CB we have on our roster.

On 12/26/2019 at 3:53 PM, .Buzz said:

Exactly. 

You can just try and find a gem or someone player equivently to what they're worth on the FA market instead of paying Bouye and co. as if he's a #1 corner when he's not.

Look at what peters got and hes inconsistent.  Had a good year this year but aj is more consistent.  There arent many corners who can hold hopkins to 6 catches 48 yards. 

• Like 1