General News and Notes

.Buzz

24 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I don’t think the Jags are in any type of position to sign anyone who is going to make significant impact.. when and if Yan ever is signed.. if it happens I don’t know what FA help you’ll be able to sign if any after a Yan deal is done. 🤷‍♂️

You cut the obvious guys like Swaim, Ryan, etc. That opens up 12'ish alone. Dareus is 20M. Campbell and Bouye combined are like 28M in savings if they're completely let go, if they're retained cap savings still should be 10M+. If they do retain Yan they'd probably structure this year less than others, etc.

They can easily open up anywhere from 45-60M. After Yan maybe closer to 30-40. That's plenty to make a mark, especially when we're talking TE, ILB, and NT. They don't break the bank.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

You cut the obvious guys like Swaim, Ryan, etc. That opens up 12'ish alone. Dareus is 20M. Campbell and Bouye combined are like 28M in savings if they're completely let go, if they're retained cap savings still should be 10M+. If they do retain Yan they'd probably structure this year less than others, etc.

They can easily open up anywhere from 45-60M. After Yan maybe closer to 30-40. That's plenty to make a mark, especially when we're talking TE, ILB, and NT. They don't break the bank.

u talk like the jags need a MLB but unless wash/marrone change their mind hes gonna be our mike for better or for worse. 

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/21/todd-wash-on-myles-jack-changing-positions-hes-our-mike-linebacker/

granted this was during the season but its pretty damning that he didnt even think of doing that. 

we need a WLB.  TE absolutely we need a guy to start or compete with oliver.     NT i think it depends on what happens with Dareus and Abry jones.   if we cut dareus i think we sign a guy like Phillips(maybe goes 7 million for him or maybe Pierce(4-5 million).    

im still thinking Yan wants money like 18-21 million and im not sure Caldwell really wants to go that high. 

22 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

u talk like the jags need a MLB but unless wash/marrone change their mind hes gonna be our mike for better or for worse. 

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/21/todd-wash-on-myles-jack-changing-positions-hes-our-mike-linebacker/

granted this was during the season but its pretty damning that he didnt even think of doing that. 

we need a WLB.  TE absolutely we need a guy to start or compete with oliver.     NT i think it depends on what happens with Dareus and Abry jones.   if we cut dareus i think we sign a guy like Phillips(maybe goes 7 million for him or maybe Pierce(4-5 million).    

im still thinking Yan wants money like 18-21 million and im not sure Caldwell really wants to go that high. 

That was back in November. Wash said something completely different the last week of the season.

As far as Dareus and Abry I don't think that has an impact. Abry is a rotational guy. Dareus is solid but his hit is obviously going to be drastically lower regardless. We still need better output from that position. We weren't great there in the middle of the D even with Dareus.

Yan will get 21-22M. He's not going in the teens anymore. Can still structure it to have a lesser cap hit to start as the big holdup for us right now is we have vets being overpaid/Foles contract. We'll be fine cap wise once that dead money and contracts that will be jettisoned are off the books in a couple years.

Edited by .Buzz

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That was back in November. Wash said something completely different the last week of the season.

As far as Dareus and Abry I don't think that has an impact. Abry is a rotational guy. Dareus is solid but his hit is obviously going to be drastically lower regardless. We still need better output from that position. We weren't great there in the middle of the D even with Dareus.

Yan will get 21-22M. He's not going in the teens anymore. Can still structure it to have a lesser cap hit to start as the big holdup for us right now is we have vets being overpaid/Foles contract. We'll be fine cap wise once that dead money and contracts that will be jettisoned are off the books in a couple years.

this is the only thing ive found about myles jack

Wash declined to discuss linebacker Myles Jack’s potential position moving forward. “Whatever position he plays, he’ll continue to get better,” Wash said. Jack, who underwent knee surgery and was placed on injured reserve three weeks ago, has started at middle linebacker the past two seasons after playing strong-side linebacker his first two seasons. Speculation among some observers has been Jack could also play the weak-side linebacker position formerly played by Smith. …

theres some Speculation but nowhere in there does it Say HE WILL be the WLB.  u dont PAY WLBs what Myles Jack is getting. 

hes Making 15.4 million next year.  that is good enough for 3rd Place in Inside Linebackers behind only CJ Mosley and Luke Kuechley.    the WLB i know of that makes 10 million + is Lavonte David and hes now an Inside LB because the bucs run a 3-4 now. 

heres the list of 4-3 OLB Salaries this year over 10 million. 

1) Anthony Hitchens 12,723,750

2) Anthony Barr 12,700,000

3) Dont'a Hightower 11,375,000.  

the Chiefs Depth chart Defense per chiefs website is a Nickle so im not sure if hes the Mike or WIll.  CBS Chiefs Depth chart has Hitchens as a WLB. 

Vikings Depth chart per Vikings website list Barr as a SLB so hes a Sam LB. 

Patriots Depth Chart per Patriots website lists him as a LB.  however via CBS Depth Chart and ESPN depth chart he is the Right Inside LInebacker

13 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

this is the only thing ive found about myles jack

theres some Speculation but nowhere in there does it Say HE WILL be the WLB.  u dont PAY WLBs what Myles Jack is getting. 

hes Making 15.4 million next year.  that is good enough for 3rd Place in Inside Linebackers behind only CJ Mosley and Luke Kuechley.    the WLB i know of that makes 10 million + is Lavonte David and hes now an Inside LB because the bucs run a 3-4 now. 

heres the list of 4-3 OLB Salaries this year over 10 million. 

1) Anthony Hitchens 12,723,750

2) Anthony Barr 12,700,000

3) Dont'a Hightower 11,375,000.  

the Chiefs Depth chart Defense per chiefs website is a Nickle so im not sure if hes the Mike or WIll.  CBS Chiefs Depth chart has Hitchens as a WLB. 

Vikings Depth chart per Vikings website list Barr as a SLB so hes a Sam LB. 

Patriots Depth Chart per Patriots website lists him as a LB.  however via CBS Depth Chart and ESPN depth chart he is the Right Inside LInebacker

Yeah, I'd say that quote at seasons end is a far cry from what you stated above.

Regardless, if Myles plays poorly at MLB he's not going to be worth that money either. He was very good at Will and had all the looks of being a building block until this year. There's rumors he battled a bone spur in his knee since very early on so maybe that did it, but regardless, that MLB didn't look like a 15M guy either.

Ideally a 3-4 with Myles inside is probably best if we're set on him being inside.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I'd say that quote at seasons end is a far cry from what you stated above.

Regardless, if Myles plays poorly at MLB he's not going to be worth that money either. He was very good at Will and had all the looks of being a building block until this year. There's rumors he battled a bone spur in his knee since very early on so maybe that did it, but regardless, that MLB didn't look like a 15M guy either.

Ideally a 3-4 with Myles inside is probably best if we're set on him being inside.

Myles jack was the sam lber sir not wlb. 

He played a touch of wlb in preseason but he was definitely Sam till poz called it quits. 

Remember our starting lbers were Jack-poz-smith and smith is definitely a wlb guy

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Myles jack was the sam lber sir not wlb. 

He played a touch of wlb in preseason but he was definitely Sam till poz called it quits. 

Remember our starting lbers were Jack-poz-smith and smith is definitely a wlb guy

Good point, got mixed up. Regardless, it's obvious watching him play that WLB best fits his abilities. The only reason he didn't play there was because we had an All Pro in Telvin.

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Good point, got mixed up. Regardless, it's obvious watching him play that WLB best fits his abilities. The only reason he didn't play there was because we had an All Pro in Telvin.

Im not seeing much good in the FA ilb department.   

Heres the guys who might be an upgrade.

Patrick Onwuasor

Blake Martinez

Cory Littleton

Joe Schobert

Tyler Matakevich

Reggie ragland(if u want a 2 down thumper)

Wesley woodyard

Danny trevathen

Nick Kwiatkoski

I know shazier us set to be a fa but im not risking it 

21 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Im not seeing much good in the FA ilb department.   

Heres the guys who might be an upgrade.

Patrick Onwuasor

Blake Martinez

Cory Littleton

Joe Schobert

Tyler Matakevich

Reggie ragland(if u want a 2 down thumper)

Wesley woodyard

Danny trevathen

Nick Kwiatkoski

I know shazier us set to be a fa but im not risking it 

Trevathon, Schobert, Littleton, and Martinez would be big upgrades. What do you mean?

Edit: Onwuasor too

Edited by .Buzz

21 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

They all will likely 6 million + guys.  U said cheap well sir mlb is the 1 lb position that isnt cheap.  I think schobert goes 10

Where did I say cheap? We need a desperate help on the interior and that's not getting fixed by cheap help or rookies.

A Jake Ryan cut literally gives us 6M. One should be able to get had by 6-8M and would be a massive boost in run D. Going from a hobbled Jack who had his warts out there/undersized Payne to a legit solid MLB would be huge.

Most all rookie teams have Jawaan is one of if not the best OT so far in the class.

Just kind of cements what I've been saying. He's had his issues at times but as a rookie he sure looks the part if he continues to develop.