General News and Notes

.Buzz

On 2/23/2020 at 12:08 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

isn't there sometimes dead money in trading though? thats non-negotiable?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865517/houston-texans-trade-brock-osweiler-2018-second-round-pick-cleveland-browns

"The Texans are trading quarterback Brock Osweiler to the Browns, a move that will take Osweiler's $16 million guaranteed salary off of Houston's books."

49 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Thoughts on trading 1.20 to Baltimore for 1.28 and Hayden Hurst?

Think you're better off dealing a 4th, which I'd be down for.

Anything more than that and I'm not sure. Luckily he is super cheap the next couple years before a 5th year option. I do think he would be a nice upgrade and if Henry/Hooper are too much/not an option, he would be a solid option. Can't pay every position of need in FA so gotta grab a guy or two other ways...and TE is a position that takes a ton of time to develop.

12 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I feel like this is almost backwards.  Like the second line is a straight up scam...facilitated by the first line.

Like they basically did diddly squat to discount Season Tickets while losing that home game...beside just making those stupid preseason games nobody wants or cares about anyway cheaper to "compensate".

Edited by Tugboat

On 25/02/2020 at 6:44 AM, .Buzz said:

Think you're better off dealing a 4th, which I'd be down for.

Anything more than that and I'm not sure. Luckily he is super cheap the next couple years before a 5th year option. I do think he would be a nice upgrade and if Henry/Hooper are too much/not an option, he would be a solid option. Can't pay every position of need in FA so gotta grab a guy or two other ways...and TE is a position that takes a ton of time to develop.

I'd definitely do it for a 4th.  But i'd honestly prefer the swap of late 1sts probably.  We need more picks, not less.  Even if a 4th rounder isn't going to immediately step in...i'd rather keep that pick...if not adding more of them.  Whereas moving back a few spots in the late 1st round?  Yeah, i'd be all for that...who cares at that point in the draft?  Your scouting staff matter more than your draft position in that range.  And that way...you're not losing a pick.  Just downgrading it a little bit.

I'm not even a big Hurst fan, and i thought it was silly that he went in the 1st to begin with, and was talked about as a big target for the Jaguars.  But he does have ability.  He'd immediately be our best TE (which is kinda sad tbh).  Easily worth moving back a handful of spots in the late 1st round.

Edited by Tugboat

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd definitely do it for a 4th.  But i'd honestly prefer the swap of late 1sts probably.  We need more picks, not less.  Even if a 4th rounder isn't going to immediately step in...i'd rather keep that pick...if not adding more of them.  Whereas moving back a few spots in the late 1st round?  Yeah, i'd be all for that...who cares at that point in the draft?  Your scouting staff matter more than your draft position in that range.  And that way...you're not losing a pick.  Just downgrading it a little bit.

I'm not even a big Hurst fan, and i thought it was silly that he went in the 1st to begin with, and was talked about as a big target for the Jaguars.  But he does have ability.  He'd immediately be our best TE (which is kinda sad tbh).  Easily worth moving back a handful of spots in the late 1st round.

If we can’t come to an agreement with Ngakoue I wonder if there would be any chance of a tag and trade to Baltimore. Not a huge Hurst fan but wouldn’t be opposed to this if we don’t have the option of keeping Ngakoue long term.

Something like Ngakoue for Hurst and a later pick.

53 minutes ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

If we can’t come to an agreement with Ngakoue I wonder if there would be any chance of a tag and trade to Baltimore. Not a huge Hurst fan but wouldn’t be opposed to this if we don’t have the option of keeping Ngakoue long term.

Something like Ngakoue for Hurst and a later pick.

If clowney can catch a 3rd and 2 role players i think Ngakoue is worth hurst and at least a 2

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like at #20 you have potential for someone falling. I agree the more picks the better, but think you could trade back from 20 to late 1st/early 2nd for more than a 4th.

I think Hurst is gonna be rock solid. Not a legit #1 type but a guy that does everything really well. Would immediately make me feel good with JOS and Oliver behind him about the position I think.

Henry is plan A, also like Ebron as a cheaper/solid option. I like Hooper but he gives off some vibes of potentially underperforming with all those weapons in ATL tbh.