General News and Notes

.Buzz

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Which is why I said it's probably not a TE.

but if u read the quote i named a TE who could be on the move(more of a guess by me cuz its the bears and the bears dont seem to know what they are doing in the front office offensively(trubisky) while getting rid of a Good Back(howard). 

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

but if u read the quote i named a TE who could be on the move(more of a guess by me cuz its the bears and the bears dont seem to know what they are doing in the front office offensively(trubisky) while getting rid of a Good Back(howard). 

Which has nothing to do with the tweet we were taking about...that's what I'm talking about.

We're gonna trade for like...some chump who isn't good, probably.  On offense, i don't even know who that is.  There are so many option of bad players to trade for, it's kinda overwhelming.

Where i'd be looking in FA is probably defence.  The guy i'd actually have interest in, is Darius Slay.  If you think you can work out a reasonable enough deal, that's easy enough to get out of when he gets super old.

Edited by Tugboat

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

We're gonna trade for like...some chump who isn't good, probably.  On offense, i don't even know who that is.  There are so many option of bad players to trade for, it's kinda overwhelming.

Where i'd be looking in FA is probably defence.  The guy i'd actually have interest in, is Darius Slay.  If you think you can work out a reasonable enough deal, that's easy enough to get out of when he gets super old.

Well luckily Dilla knows the player and can verify who we're interested in is actually good.

Think I'd rather grab a corner with one of the first 3 picks and have him and Herndon develop together with Hayden in the slot. Slay will likely cost a 2nd.

53 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Well luckily Dilla knows the player and can verify who we're interested in is actually good.

Think I'd rather grab a corner with one of the first 3 picks and have him and Herndon develop together with Hayden in the slot. Slay will likely cost a 2nd.

Is a good CB like Slay not worth a pick anymore?  Now that we're buyers, not sellers?

36 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Is a good CB like Slay not worth a pick anymore?  Now that we're buyers, not sellers?

I'd just rather not trade for a guy due for an extension that is wanting to be paid handsomely at age 29 in our situation.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I'd just rather not trade for a guy due for an extension that is wanting to be paid handsomely at age 29 in our situation.

Fair enough.  He's going to want a huge extension.

Isn't that a commentary on what a CB is really fundamentally worth though?   Don't want to pay a top tier one that's 29?

Just now, Tugboat said:

Fair enough.  He's going to want a huge extension.

Isn't that a commentary on what a CB is really fundamentally worth though?   Don't want to pay a top tier one that's 29?

I would if we were at a different stage.

Sure, we are trying to win now, but as a fan we all realize where we sit. If we were a legit contender I wouldn't have any issue. That's just me though.