General News and Notes

.Buzz

On 15/05/2020 at 10:36 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Makes sense since we have a bigger need at LT than RT

It only really makes sense if Richardson can actually be useful there.  But why not i guess.  Didn't really address the spot...so you've gotta do something.

15 hours ago, .Buzz said:

If Taven can somehow improve his awareness with his first step...

Not holding my breath but I'm not giving up on him yet either.

I mean, this was always the thing with Taven in college.  His "splash plays" are good.  He's got dynamic athletic traits for the position.

So you put him in a situation where he can be more situational and just get after it as a gap shooter or stunting, etc, he's going to look better.  That's a far cry from being a reliable DLineman in every situation though, and there are a ton of other elements that he needs to continue to work on improving.

That's what you get when you draft on "traits" and "splash plays" though.  Sometimes it takes time.  Sometimes it never really materializes.  Still not sure which Taven is going to be, honestly.  But at this rate, he's going to be bearing down on a 5th year option question before we really know.  Much like similarly raw Fowler.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It only really makes sense if Richardson can actually be useful there.  But why not i guess.  Didn't really address the spot...so you've gotta do something.

I mean, this was always the thing with Taven in college.  His "splash plays" are good.  He's got dynamic athletic traits for the position.

So you put him in a situation where he can be more situational and just get after it as a gap shooter or stunting, etc, he's going to look better.  That's a far cry from being a reliable DLineman in every situation though, and there are a ton of other elements that he needs to continue to work on improving.

That's what you get when you draft on "traits" and "splash plays" though.  Sometimes it takes time.  Sometimes it never really materializes.  Still not sure which Taven is going to be, honestly.  But at this rate, he's going to be bearing down on a 5th year option question before we really know.  Much like similarly raw Fowler.

Watching the last 6-7 games last year he popped out a good amount to me. 

It'll be interesting to see if he continues to progress or not. This year is critical for his future here.

On 20/05/2020 at 7:58 AM, .Buzz said:

Watching the last 6-7 games last year he popped out a good amount to me. 

It'll be interesting to see if he continues to progress or not. This year is critical for his future here.

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It's just such an interesting thing, trying to evaluate Taven really..  When they throw him out there and just let him loose...he actually does stuff sometimes.  A lot of the time even, proportionally.  But that doesn't make for an actual, complete every down 3T/5T who has a hope of maintaining those levels.  It's like the staff actually figured out what Taven is good for...and used him like that, succesfully.

Despite how much everyone thinks out DC is the actual problem here somehow.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but hoping for some visibility:

For anyone interested, I'm taking part in an All NFL Draft on the GM Mock Drafts forum. We're going to be doing a snake style draft and building our own teams including coaches. I've done it in the past and it's been a lot of fun and helps learn about the state of talent in the league and different positions and on different teams. Disclaimer, this process usually takes about a month or so depending on the number of participants and how much people are able to stay on top of time schedules. If anyone's interested check it out! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 7:48 AM, candyman93 said:

Trade idea that I want your guys input:

David Njoku + 2nd + 4th

for 

Yannick

I truthfully think Yan is gone one way or another and we didn't seem to be getting a 1 so I'd say this would be intriguing. Gives us a talented young player that needs a change of scenery at a position where we're full of question marks (although there's optimism there...). So this would at least make me think personally.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:25 AM, .Buzz said:

I truthfully think Yan is gone one way or another and we didn't seem to be getting a 1 so I'd say this would be intriguing. Gives us a talented young player that needs a change of scenery at a position where we're full of question marks (although there's optimism there...). So this would at least make me think personally.

Pretty much my take as well. Right now a 1st seems like a pipe dream. Maybe a team is willing to deal one now that the draft is over and therefore their value sort of resets but those 2 picks and Njoku isnt bad