.Buzz

General News and Notes

His elite years came under Gruden so it makes sense.

If Taven can somehow improve his awareness with his first step...

Not holding my breath but I'm not giving up on him yet either.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

if nothing else its interesting. 

On 15/05/2020 at 10:36 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Makes sense since we have a bigger need at LT than RT

It only really makes sense if Richardson can actually be useful there.  But why not i guess.  Didn't really address the spot...so you've gotta do something.

15 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, this was always the thing with Taven in college.  His "splash plays" are good.  He's got dynamic athletic traits for the position.

So you put him in a situation where he can be more situational and just get after it as a gap shooter or stunting, etc, he's going to look better.  That's a far cry from being a reliable DLineman in every situation though, and there are a ton of other elements that he needs to continue to work on improving.

That's what you get when you draft on "traits" and "splash plays" though.  Sometimes it takes time.  Sometimes it never really materializes.  Still not sure which Taven is going to be, honestly.  But at this rate, he's going to be bearing down on a 5th year option question before we really know.  Much like similarly raw Fowler.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It only really makes sense if Richardson can actually be useful there.  But why not i guess.  Didn't really address the spot...so you've gotta do something.

I mean, this was always the thing with Taven in college.  His "splash plays" are good.  He's got dynamic athletic traits for the position.

So you put him in a situation where he can be more situational and just get after it as a gap shooter or stunting, etc, he's going to look better.  That's a far cry from being a reliable DLineman in every situation though, and there are a ton of other elements that he needs to continue to work on improving.

That's what you get when you draft on "traits" and "splash plays" though.  Sometimes it takes time.  Sometimes it never really materializes.  Still not sure which Taven is going to be, honestly.  But at this rate, he's going to be bearing down on a 5th year option question before we really know.  Much like similarly raw Fowler.

Watching the last 6-7 games last year he popped out a good amount to me. 

It'll be interesting to see if he continues to progress or not. This year is critical for his future here.

On 20/05/2020 at 7:58 AM, .Buzz said:

Watching the last 6-7 games last year he popped out a good amount to me. 

It'll be interesting to see if he continues to progress or not. This year is critical for his future here.

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It's just such an interesting thing, trying to evaluate Taven really..  When they throw him out there and just let him loose...he actually does stuff sometimes.  A lot of the time even, proportionally.  But that doesn't make for an actual, complete every down 3T/5T who has a hope of maintaining those levels.  It's like the staff actually figured out what Taven is good for...and used him like that, succesfully.

Despite how much everyone thinks out DC is the actual problem here somehow.