General News and Notes

.Buzz

On 07/07/2020 at 10:25 PM, .Buzz said:

I truthfully think Yan is gone one way or another and we didn't seem to be getting a 1 so I'd say this would be intriguing. Gives us a talented young player that needs a change of scenery at a position where we're full of question marks (although there's optimism there...). So this would at least make me think personally.

Yeah.  It's not the worst offer i've seen.  At least it is a really talented younger player at a position of obvious need for us.

I still hate it though.

On 7/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It's not the worst offer i've seen.  At least it is a really talented younger player at a position of obvious need for us.

I still hate it though.

Yeah, whatever we end up getting for Yan (if we do get something) won't satisfy us though. You never want to be dealing a good young PR.

It is what it is though at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pwny said:

There’s rumors that there was a lot, lot more going on. If those are true, Gruden is heavily implicated. But we’ll have to wait on it, because I see no verifiable info on it.

Yeah, the early rumors had a lot more going on than the article. Wonder if those come to light or those were false. Will be an interesting week or two I imagine.

2 hours ago, MightyRx said:

I saw that last night. My heart...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, .Buzz said:

All while playing on an island versus the other teams top receiver week in and out. Not to mention his work against Chase was eye opening.

Think we end up having a really good one here.

Corners playing "on an island" and deep, are probably going to have a higher number there, by the nature of their role.

Same as good ballhawking zone corners are going to have higher INT numbers.  Just less opportunity to directly be attributed a "forced incompletion", and more opportunity to snipe and interception.

Don't really think that metric means much as to whether or not "we have a really good one here", beyond...what we already know, in that he was used in a certain type of way in college.

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Corners playing "on an island" and deep, are probably going to have a higher number there, by the nature of their role.

Same as good ballhawking zone corners are going to have higher INT numbers.  Just less opportunity to directly be attributed a "forced incompletion", and more opportunity to snipe and interception.

Don't really think that metric means much as to whether or not "we have a really good one here", beyond...what we already know, in that he was used in a certain type of way in college.

I mean, the number is a percentage, not a total number of times he did something like your comparing interception wise. So even if he did have more opportunities it's not like that inflates it in itself. It can do that but it's still not apples to apples.

Also, Clemson does the same thing and his is much higher than Terrell's. Until that LSU game in which Chase had a big game (think Terrell played well in that btw) he was viewed as right where he got drafted (top 15-20 player).

Either way, no single stat shows that a guy is good or bad. Just another interesting stat.