Jump to content
.Buzz

General News and Notes

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Dareus will be gone (maybe restructured?). There’s 20M in cap space.

Marqise Lee saves you 5M.

Jake Ryan saves you 6M.

Swaim saves you 4M. 

 

That’s 35M in cap space freed up right there. With Yan the only FA worth a damn that we should keep.

 

2021 is when the real purge happens. Foles and Norwell probably out the door. Maybe Bouye? There’s 37M freed up. 

Fournette (CO), Cam, Dede, Smoot become FA’s.

We will have a lot of cap space heading into 2021 FA I believe.

 

whoever is in the FO the next couple of years will be pretty pleased with what they’ll be able to work with when it comes to picks and cap wise.

I'd like to wait and see on Bouye, not sure why everyone is so itchy to cut him but the rest probably can go. Obviously we aren't 100% sure what we have at QB too

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm guessing the cost to pay a FA QB hurts our rollover cap more than what a 5th is worth?

Can't see that having anything more than an absolutely marginal impact.  Not like some vet off the street was going to command any real salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Can't see that having anything more than an absolutely marginal impact.  Not like some vet off the street was going to command any real salary.

Idk, going into this year we knew we would have some tough calls to make with the cap much like last year so even 1M could cost us more than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk, going into this year we knew we would have some tough calls to make with the cap much like last year so even 1M could cost us more than that. 

I guess the vested vet thing plays in there...but honestly...just sign like Landry Jones again or something.  He'll be bare minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I guess the vested vet thing plays in there...but honestly...just sign like Landry Jones again or something.  He'll be bare minimum.

At the point of the injury if you're trying to salvage the season instead of punting it into the ocean, wouldn't you want to get the best QB you possibly could though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

At the point of the injury if you're trying to salvage the season instead of punting it into the ocean, wouldn't you want to get the best QB you possibly could though?

If we're playing someone after Minshew...then no, idgaf.  The season is a writeoff.  Dobbs would deliver the same result, unless you're that VanS guy or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 5:46 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd like to wait and see on Bouye, not sure why everyone is so itchy to cut him but the rest probably can go. Obviously we aren't 100% sure what we have at QB too

Bouye is probably going to stick around not that Jalen is gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Bouye is probably going to stick around not that Jalen is gone. 

I’m not to sure about that especially if he regresses back to how he was playing the first 3 games he wasn’t that great. It’s all going to be if his play the remaining part of this season, will it be worth his cap number next year. Especially if its going to be a front office regime change I could see them clearing some of the heavy weight cap numbers in order to go younger and cheaper.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, .Buzz said:

 

That doesn't seem actually surprising.  Given our investment in Norwell and obviously Cam is better than Jawaan at this point.  RG is basically a weak spot, so yeah...not as successful running behind that weakness.

 

It is interesting though, that it feels like some of the really "big gain" runs that skew the averages, have actually felt like runs designed to go Right, but cut back against the flow and broken for yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

 

I’m not happy with the play of either of these tackles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×