General News and Notes

.Buzz

On 06/01/2020 at 8:20 AM, .Buzz said:

Good point, got mixed up. Regardless, it's obvious watching him play that WLB best fits his abilities. The only reason he didn't play there was because we had an All Pro in Telvin.

It seems like that on the surface...but it kinda depends on what sorta system we're running going forward.

In this hybrid system, that Sam LBer role makes a lot more sense for someone like Myles tbh.  He's far better trailing TEs and dropping in coverage or blitzing or containing the backside of plays, and less good at scraping across and jumping on plays clean like Telvin dominated at as a Will in this system.  Myles Jack is a kinda **** tackler, and he's far too tentative to really excel in that role.  He just sorta hangs out and waits for things to come to him, which isn't what you want in a Mike, as we saw all year...but it's also not really what you want in a Will in this system.  You need quick, decisive, sure-tackling out of that spot.

If we keep this same system...i think @LinderFournette has a really good point, in that Myles Jack should probably be our Sam LBer, and like he did in his only "good season"...slide inside in nickel type situations.  Where you're more likely to need coverage out of your MLB, than the thumping he absolutely isn't built for.

Honestly...when our defense was good...Myles Jack was our 3rd best LBer.  There's no chance you're going to anchor a LBer corps around him.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It seems like that on the surface...but it kinda depends on what sorta system we're running going forward.

In this hybrid system, that Sam LBer role makes a lot more sense for someone like Myles tbh.  He's far better trailing TEs and dropping in coverage or blitzing or containing the backside of plays, and less good at scraping across and jumping on plays clean like Telvin dominated at as a Will in this system.  Myles Jack is a kinda **** tackler, and he's far too tentative to really excel in that role.  He just sorta hangs out and waits for things to come to him, which isn't what you want in a Mike, as we saw all year...but it's also not really what you want in a Will in this system.  You need quick, decisive, sure-tackling out of that spot.

If we keep this same system...i think @LinderFournette has a really good point, in that Myles Jack should probably be our Sam LBer, and like he did in his only "good season"...slide inside in nickel type situations.  Where you're more likely to need coverage out of your MLB, than the thumping he absolutely isn't built for.

Honestly...when our defense was good...Myles Jack was our 3rd best LBer.  There's no chance you're going to anchor a LBer corps around him.

I think Myles has much more upside than you're giving him credit for. 

He's showed me enough in the past to definitely make me feel good if he's being used to his strengths and not playing a MLB role in a 4-3 and you let him go out in space. I didn't see many people upset with paying him top LB money besides thinking maybe it was a little early. It's not like he was some below average LB and continued that this year.

Not to mention the guy battled bone spurs in his knee from early on in the season which is obviously going to hinder him.

39 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Take all the time 

Dont eat

Dont sleep 

Pay him

So odd the way Dave talks about Yan. You wouldn't think there was any chance of him leaving. Then you have Yan who posts super cryptic **** all the time.

10 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'm sure Dave & co. will do all they can to try to keep him, but I don't think he wants to be here anymore after what went down with Coughlin.

And no, not everything was Coughlin's fault. But by all reports, what happened with Ramsey and Ngakoue was his fault.

I'm sure the whole FO had a hand. Gotta imagine when they work under Coughlin they work as a whole unit and they couldn't really go off script but who knows.

Coughlin was the one that halted contract talks immediately right away when he didn't accept there offer which is why we're in this spot though.

If he doesn't want to be here, use that 18-21M on someone young and elite ala Scherff (not that he'd take that much), Chris Jones, or someone else of that caliber.

Prosser said this morning on 1010xl he's hearing a second home game is going to London.

I understand it's more money and all but I really don't comprehend how they think fans in JAX are going to be ok with it/it won't hurt home attendence when they're there.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Prosser said this morning on 1010xl he's hearing a second home game is going to London.

I understand it's more money and all but I really don't comprehend how they think fans in JAX are going to be ok with it/it won't hurt home attendence when they're there.

It’s hilarious how they are going about this. 

23 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

It’s hilarious how they are going about this. 

Owners make so much money as is. I get this is a business and they're trying to make as much as possible but how do teams like Buffalo, Cincinnati, Nashville, etc. not try and do this then?