General News and Notes

.Buzz

9 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  We've got realistically 4 picks that i think you could expect to contribute right from the start.  I'd be surprised if most of those aren't spent on defense.  After that...with those 4th round and on sort of picks...it feels like those could pretty much go anywhere, wherever BPA dictates, since we have holes and lacking depth pretty much everywhere.  But most of those are likely going to be projects, depth, and STers as far as next year is concerned.

Crazy how quickly we went from defensive players in the draft feeling like "luxury picks"...to honestly pretty dire "need" picks.  xD

Ramsey, Ngakoue, Bouye, Telvin, Malik, and Fowler all gone.

44 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

So Dilla confirmed that Trent Williams was the big name offensive player that they were looking at trading for.

Just saw that...

Man that would've been awesome. Williams just wants too much.

The interesting thing is...that means they're looking to upgrade LT.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just saw that...

Man that would've been awesome. Williams just wants too much.

The interesting thing is...that means they're looking to upgrade LT.

Reading his tweets now. He says he believes Wirfs is highest graded OL but Becton would be pick due to higher grade as LT.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Reading his tweets now. He says he believes Wirfs is highest graded OL but Becton would be pick due to higher grade as LT.

Doug seems to like massive tackles going back to his Buffalo days, so I could definitely see Becton being the pick.

Id still prefer Wirfs myself though. Highly likely one of those two (maybe even both) won’t be there by the time we pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chops013 said:

Doug seems to like massive tackles going back to his Buffalo days, so I could definitely see Becton being the pick.

Id still prefer Wirfs myself though. Highly likely one of those two (maybe even both) won’t be there by the time we pick.

Agreed with both statements.

Think Becton has more of a chance of being there though. 

The Jags will not draft tackle at 9 when they have Cam under contract. As much as they need upgraded play at that position. They’ll equate last yr to Cam not being fully healthy and he’ll get another go this season. From a schematics standpoint when you have so many holes to fill a pick like that would be pretty idiotic.  

Edited by DuvalsKing

13 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

The Jags will not draft tackle at 9 when they have Cam under contract. As much as they need upgraded play at that position. They’ll equate last yr to Cam not being fully healthy and he’ll get another go this season. From a schematics standpoint when you have so many holes to fill a pick like that would be pretty idiotic.  

Then why would they go and trade Yan for Trent Williams who will cost 16-20M per year?

Idiotic is having no one but Cam at LT who was a complete blunder in pass pro all year and forced us to play a QB that had to have plenty of scrambling/escapability because if they didn't they'd get killed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Then why would they go and trade Yan for Trent Williams who will cost 16-20M per year?

Idiotic is having no one but Cam at LT who was a complete blunder in pass pro all year and forced us to play a QB that had to have plenty of scrambling/escapability because if they didn't they'd get killed.

I agree but you’re telling me a guy who claims to be a Jags insider is making this claim who else confirmed this? 🤨

33 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

It depends whos there really. 

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I agree but you’re telling me a guy who claims to be a Jags insider is making this claim who else confirmed this? 🤨

Man, if you haven't/don't follow EDilla at this point as a Jags fan or believe he has a legit plug then idk what to say. He's been dropping Jaguars nuggets/inside info prior to the big guys for a long time now. Look back through his Twitter...it's all there. 

Believe what you want to believe though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

It depends whos there really. 

I think if Becton is gone there's less of a chance. Sounds like they think Wirfs is more RT/OG, or at least not as natural of a LT as Becton. Guess we'll see.