General News and Notes

.Buzz

55 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean yeah, after this year Fournette is pretty much guaranteed gone.  But why not run the wheels off him this year?  Instead of just downgrading to a "committee approach" for like another late round pick or something?  Why not save the legs on whoever we end up drafting to eventually fill out that committee?

we need to make sure we acquire Adrian Killings from UCF.

use him as a RB/Slot WR/KR. 

Dude is fast and pretty shifty. 

im talking hes probably a 7th at best but you can definitely figure to get some production out of him. 

I mean, that graphic is definitely assuming Minshew isn't the answer. If he's not than I'd hope to be in the running for one of those QBs without needing to trade LAR pick.

If he is/shows signs of being our franchise guy than we're winning more than 4 games.

The more i delve into this draft class...the more it becomes apparent that the edge group is absolute trash.  There's just nothing that excites me.  The top couple guys are alright.  But beyond that?  Yikes.  

I feel like that's important to Yan's value though.  Even if he is intent on forcing his way out...he's still technically under team control, and it's in a year where he's a young ELITE pass rusher, and the draft is super weak at the position.  Like...obviously Yan is going to be looking for a massive contract extension after a trade.  But as a player...Chase Young to me, looks like the only guy who realistically projects as well as what Yan is, and has been since his rookie year.

On a somewhat related note though...i really want to have Isaiah Simmons on this team.  I just don't see a fit at all.  What are the chances they could unload Myles Jack and his big dumb contract, and roll with a Schobert and Simmons LBer duo?

57 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

On a somewhat related note though...i really want to have Isaiah Simmons on this team.  I just don't see a fit at all.  What are the chances they could unload Myles Jack and his big dumb contract, and roll with a Schobert and Simmons LBer duo?

I think Jack is going to surprise a lot of people at WILL.

• Like 1