General News and Notes

.Buzz

Luke Joeckel - Let go after his contract was up

Blake Bortles - Given a second contract and then cut the following year, which *would have* been the end of his original contract.

Dante Fowler - Traded

Jalen Ramsey - Traded

Leonard Fournette - soon to be traded?

Taven Bryan - May still not be a viable starter

Not a single one going to be on the team past what their first contract afforded. Only one to even get a second contract is Blake, and in retrospect they should have either let him go or forced him to play on the 5th year option.

Just oof.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Luke Joeckel - Let go after his contract was up

Blake Bortles - Given a second contract and then cut the following year, which *would have* been the end of his original contract.

Dante Fowler - Traded

Jalen Ramsey - Traded

Leonard Fournette - soon to be traded?

Taven Bryan - May still not be a viable starter

Not a single one going to be on the team past what their first contract afforded. Only one to even get a second contract is Blake, and in retrospect they should have either let him go or forced him to play on the 5th year option.

Just oof.

Not great, Bob.

I have some hope on Taven still. He really showed up in the second half last year. Saw some serious improvements.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Not surprising.  This team ******* hates any player with an opinion, or anyone who dares suggest Coughlin was a bastard, or this team has no ******* clue what its doing and hasn't for years.  Truth hurts.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

If we're able to get something ok for him I'll be thrilled.

He's a solid back that won't be kept past this year. He isn't a great fit for the way our offense is headed imo. Plus if there is any semblance of an issue from the past I'd prefer to not have that come up later.

I really like Clyde in this draft but I don't think he'd fall to 42 and even if he did I'm not enamored with a RB high. But he's going to be so damn good.

I really like Clyde too.  I think he's a stud.  I really love Zack Moss too.  Guy is all violence, in a well-rounded package.  He'd replace Fournette in most ways.

But i still hate that this organization has become so toxic that anyone and everyone of starter caliber just wants out.  You cant win like that.  Ever.  It's just not possible.

19 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Not surprising.  This team ******* hates any player with an opinion, or anyone who dares suggest Coughlin was a bastard, or this team has no ******* clue what its doing and hasn't for years.  Truth hurts.

I really like Clyde too.  I think he's a stud.  I really love Zack Moss too.  Guy is all violence, in a well-rounded package.  He'd replace Fournette in most ways.

But i still hate that this organization has become so toxic that anyone and everyone of starter caliber just wants out.  You cant win like that.  Ever.  It's just not possible.

This is all stemming from 2017 and 2018 man. Until that glut is gone this is going to continue to linger. Pretty sure the last one standing is Lenny from that Fowler/Ramsey/Lenny and co. group that have been referenced by Prisco and co. as beating to their own drum and not listening to Calais and co.

Too much evidence/different people have come out regarding Lenny and how he is as a teammate. Org deserves a ton of blame for a lot, but an average player at one of the most easily replaceable positions being hated in the locker room/being toxic himself isn't the part I'm going to get upset about.

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This is all stemming from 2017 and 2018 man. Until that glut is gone this is going to continue to linger. Pretty sure the last one standing is Lenny from that Fowler/Ramsey/Lenny and co. group that have been referenced by Prisco and co. as beating to their own drum and not listening to Calais and co.

Report after report have come out regarding Lenny and how he is as a teammate. Org deserves a ton of blame for a lot, but an average player at one of the most easily replaceable positions being hated in the locker room/being toxic himself isn't the part I'm going to get upset about.

It's that whole question of how an organization paints their players though...

Our organization has chosen to throw dissenting voices under the bus and try to make them pariahs.  

Yes, a lot of it comes from Coughlin...but you don't think this is the sort of stench that hangs around the organization for years?  Those players go elsewhere, and continue to badmouth the organization.  You don't build a quality organization that people respect, by just shipping out anyone who doesn't immediately fit the mold, or gets kinda grouchy while your ****head football czar makes life miserable for them, while the team continues to be just complete and utter **** and lose all the time.

Like...Coughlin is gone.  But these guys still don't want to stay.  Yan is currently in the process of being smeared.  Fournette has already been there.  This is a **** organization with jerk *** people who nobody wants to work for.

Edited by Tugboat

11 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's that whole question of how an organization paints their players though...

Our organization has chosen to throw dissenting voices under the bus and try to make them pariahs.  

Yes, a lot of it comes from Coughlin...but you don't think this is the sort of stench that hangs around the organization for years?  Those players go elsewhere, and continue to badmouth the organization.  You don't build a quality organization that people respect, by just shipping out anyone who doesn't immediately fit the mold, or gets kinda grouchy while your ****head football czar makes life miserable for them, while the team continues to be just complete and utter **** and lose all the time.

Like...Coughlin is gone.  But these guys still don't want to stay.  Yan is currently in the process of being smeared.  Fournette has already been there.  This is a **** organization with jerk *** people who nobody wants to work for.

I never said I'm happy with where things stand, but Yan literally was trying to stay here just last July to get a long term deal locked up.

At this point the regimes staying, at least for this year, so I'm not going to harp on that. We'll have to see if they are able to fix player relations. We never had any issue under Caldwell with these type of things until Coughlin was brought in which is what gives me a semblance of hope. But ultimately we'll just have to see.

But for right now, getting the toxic people leftover from that era/regime that are causing stirs is the best route to go. Would be more difficult if Lenny was actually anything more than an average RB, but it's a no brainier when you take that into account if you can get something.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I never said I'm happy with where things stand, but Yan literally was trying to stay here just last July to get a long term deal locked up.

At this point the regimes staying, at least for this year, so I'm not going to harp on that. We'll have to see if they are able to fix player relations. We never had any issue under Caldwell with these type of things until Coughlin was brought in which is what gives me a semblance of hope. But ultimately we'll just have to see.

But for right now, getting the toxic people leftover from that era/regime that are causing stirs is the best route to go. Would he more difficult if Lenny was actually anything more than an average RB, but it's a no brainier when you take that into account if you can get something.

We had guys basically on vacation with Caldwell though.  We had plenty of things that made us the laughingstock of the league.

This team needs to build something serious, and where players want to be here.  Not whatever garbage we have now, where everyone wants out and even leaders like Calais are completely done with this franchise.

10 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

We had guys basically on vacation with Caldwell though.  We had plenty of things that made us the laughingstock of the league.

This team needs to build something serious, and where players want to be here.  Not whatever garbage we have now, where everyone wants out and even leaders like Calais are completely done with this franchise.

Then let's see what happens this next year, that's all we can do. Whole point I'm making. Think we all here want to get this right and are fed up with what's been happening.

Were rebuilding/retooling and trying to change what's happened in the past (very evident so far and the types of players we've brought in being more lunch pail/less off field/drama personalities). You don't keep guys in the building that could hurt that, and Lenny very clearly is one.

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Then let's see what happens this next year, that's all we can do. Whole point I'm making. Think we all here want to get this right and are fed up with what's been happening.

Were rebuilding/retooling and trying to change what's happened in the past (very evident so far and the types of players we've brought in being more lunch pail/less off field/drama personalities). You don't keep guys in the building that could hurt that, and Lenny very clearly is one.

We're all here to see this team succeed.  It's just a question of how you get there...

trading everyone who doesn't like the way you're doing things though, fundamentally isn't what strong organizations do.  They bring those players around.  They make them believe.

28 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

We're all here to see this team succeed.  It's just a question of how you get there...

trading everyone who doesn't like the way you're doing things though, fundamentally isn't what strong organizations do.  They bring those players around.  They make them believe.

You have to build that. This is all stemming from past issues and problems that ran deep from the top of football operations that clearly pissed a lot of players off to an extent that isn't easily repairable. It's a lot easier said than done to fix that. 

Not to mention the players you're referencing have to have a talent level where it's worth it. We talking Yan, Ramsey, etc.? Yeah, we needed to figure that out. Lenny? No. He's an average to slightly above average RB who's making way more than he should be and is gone after this upcoming season.

He put up great bulk stats (helps when it was Chark and a bunch of JAGS everywhere) due to volume but still leaves a lot to be desired in the run game (tremendous in pass pro though) which is something that needs to be improved if you're giving Minshew the best chance to succeed imo.

Edit: Well I guess tbd on "past issues".