General News and Notes

.Buzz

Couldn’t think of anywhere else to post this.

The Seahawks cut Britt and Fluker. I know he has had trouble staying healthy, but a one year flier on Fluker wouldn’t be the worst thing the team could do.

13 minutes ago, pwny said:

Couldn’t think of anywhere else to post this.

The Seahawks cut Britt and Fluker. I know he has had trouble staying healthy, but a one year flier on Fluker wouldn’t be the worst thing the team could do.

Fluker was pretty bad in Seattle, but I'm all for depth/competition there.

31 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Fluker was pretty bad in Seattle, but I'm all for depth/competition there.

Seattle fans seem surprised he was cut because they believe he was the second best OL on the team behind Duane Brown. Obviously they don’t have a world beater OL, but I can’t imagine that the *second best* OL on their team isn’t better than Cann at this point.

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Seattle fans seem surprised he was cut because they believe he was the second best OL on the team behind Duane Brown. Obviously they don’t have a world beater OL, but I can’t imagine that the *second best* OL on their team isn’t better than Cann at this point.

Very possible. Like I said I'm here for giving him a shot. Thought I read he graded out pretty poorly via PFF but again...it's PFF.

That’s the 2018 season. Not going to pay to find out how they split across the 2019 season, but it would make sense if they were the same type of thing; good at pass blocking, not good at run blocking for an overall bad score. Would also explain why the Seahawks fans viewed him as the second best OL, because they’ve typically had a lot of issues with pass blocking, so if someone shored that up aspect and kept Wilson clean, fans would probably forgive him for being ineffective in the run game.

I wouldn’t spend a bunch on him or anything. But he’s an option for a potential upgrade at RG. Hopefully there will be some others that there’s mutual interest between. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

If Dilla is right, and this seems the type of thing he’s less likely to be right on, Dalton would want to come here because he thinks he can beat out Minshew for the job.

I really don't see there being anyway Dalton starts unless Minshew really messes up.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I really don't see there being anyway Dalton starts unless Minshew really messes up.

Probably true. But there aren’t many places where he can even compete for a starting gig. It’s New England and here, and the Patriots might be punting this season at QB to get themselves in a spot to draft Brady’s replacement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Probably true. But there aren’t many places where he can even compete for a starting gig. It’s New England and here, and the Patriots might be punting this season at QB to get themselves in a spot to draft Brady’s replacement.

That’s not the Belicheck way they’ll be competitive with scrubs I wouldn’t even be slightly surprised if the Pats still ended up winning the division.

24 minutes ago, pwny said:

If Dilla is right, and this seems the type of thing he’s less likely to be right on, Dalton would want to come here because he thinks he can beat out Minshew for the job.

no, you misunderstood

Dalton would want to come here because he thinks we're a contender

WE'RE BACK, BAYYYYBAYYYY

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Ehhh...i think if Dalton is coming here, it'd be under the expectation he'll at least be given a realistic shot at the starting gig.

Also have to remember that Minshew is basically starting from the ground floor with Gruden.  Makes things just a stitch less solid for him.  Whereas Dalton would be coming in with some established history there.

Guys don't just go from being established long-term starters in the NFL...to backing up Minshew on a probably bad team.  If Dalton comes here, it'd 100% be about what Dilla said.  Believing he has a realistic shot or even an inside track on the starting gig.

51 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Ehhh...i think if Dalton is coming here, it'd be under the expectation he'll at least be given a realistic shot at the starting gig.

Also have to remember that Minshew is basically starting from the ground floor with Gruden.  Makes things just a stitch less solid for him.  Whereas Dalton would be coming in with some established history there.

Guys don't just go from being established long-term starters in the NFL...to backing up Minshew on a probably bad team.  If Dalton comes here, it'd 100% be about what Dilla said.  Believing he has a realistic shot or even an inside track on the starting gig.

He can believe that. We may say that. But Dalton isn't taking us anywhere... the only way this team gets good is by Minshew being the answer or drafting a guy. They know this.