General News and Notes

.Buzz

It also means nothing.

Jalen, Yan and Fournette all said the exact same thing, all within the last year and a half. They all said they wanted to be here for a decade, they all said they wanted to create a winning culture, they all said they wanted to be remembered as a lifer for the organization. I don't know why we're so starved for attention that we think this time it means something and is special to hear, when every player that came through here and left told us the same exact thing.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, pwny said:

It also means nothing.

Jalen, Yan and Fournette all said the exact same thing, all within the last year and a half. They all said they wanted to be here for a decade, they all said they wanted to create a winning culture, they all said they wanted to be remembered as a lifer for the organization. I don't know why we're so starved for attention that we think this time it means something and is special to hear, when every player that came through here and left told us the same exact thing.

And then our FO didn't pay up, pissed a bunch of people off, and ran Ramsey and Yan out of town. We know this story.

Doesn't change the fact it's awesome to hear given the past two years and what fans of the Jaguars have had to endure which just consisted of players saying they wanted out/weren't thrilled with how things were. To have arguably our best young player go out and talk like that is a super great feeling, regardless of whether it means we'll be smart and give him a blank check or not.

He saw Ramsey show up in a brinks truck, fake a back injury, get screamed at by management/force a trade. He saw Coughlin do illegal **** and this team get blasted by the NFLPA. He saw the Yann contract/bad blood between the team. He's seen the worst of it all and is still here saying that. Whether it means he'll be saying the same thing in two years or not, it means a whole hell of a lot to me right now.

It can be ok to be happy to see something like this.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

It also means nothing.

Yeah.  Exactly.  A young player on a rookie deal, just happy to be in the NFL is generally going to "say the right things" at first.  It's when they start to actually gain some leverage in their careers, or after they've been mistreated by this organization, that they start to speak up, and speak their actual mind.

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was he really that good? Thats awesome if true. I missed everything. Keep the clips coming Jags fam!

He was.

Very physical on the outside and came up with big tackles. The closing speed was everything it was talked up to be. A few PBU's and a pic.

On 9/10/2020 at 7:20 PM, pwny said:

It also means nothing.

Jalen and Fournette were pretty much POS people. Yan, on the other hand, I really do think that the Jags (and Coughlin) screwed the pooch. He's a guy who they should have found a way to keep around. But I think they were in a bit of a touch situation because Josh Allen is so good that you can't keep him off the field...and are you really going to spend $20 million on a situational 3rd down pass rusher, as Allen has to be the starter. I'd be really surprised if the Jags don't commit to Allen early...he's a good, humble, hard working guy who is supremely talented.

24 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Jalen and Fournette were pretty much POS people. Yan, on the other hand, I really do think that the Jags (and Coughlin) screwed the pooch. He's a guy who they should have found a way to keep around. But I think they were in a bit of a touch situation because Josh Allen is so good that you can't keep him off the field...and are you really going to spend $20 million on a situational 3rd down pass rusher, as Allen has to be the starter. I'd be really surprised if the Jags don't commit to Allen early...he's a good, humble, hard working guy who is supremely talented.

What gives me hope is they know they royally messed up with Yan and co. They've gotten a ton of bad PR because of it. Are they really not going to show Chark, Allen, etc. the full bag right when they get the chance to make sure that doesn't happen again?

I guess we'll see but I they think will, especially if Dave is around for it and having went through it all. Maybe it's just hopeful thinking but...