General News and Notes

.Buzz

1 hour ago, pwny said:

That likely means we don’t get the 5th round pick. 

that is false good sir.

the 5th was guranteed.

however if Ngakoue is a 1st ballot Probowl or vikings win the superbowl(YA RIGHT) we get a 4th,

however if Ngakoue is a 1st ballot probowl and vikings win the superbowl(Ya right) we get a 3rd. 

best we can hope for now is a 4th. 

25 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

that is false good sir.

the 5th was guranteed.

however if Ngakoue is a 1st ballot Probowl or vikings win the superbowl(YA RIGHT) we get a 4th,

however if Ngakoue is a 1st ballot probowl and vikings win the superbowl(Ya right) we get a 3rd. 

best we can hope for now is a 4th. 

Thanks for the clarification. Will be interesting to see if the Pro Bowl requirement was tied to him being a member of the Vikings when it happened.

Sorry, didn't really know what thread to post this in.

Had a couple questions regarding Ngakoue-

Having observed Yannick for the majority of his career I was wondering what you guys saw as his ceiling in terms of overall potential, and also why you think he took a step backwards in 2019?  Was it injuries, the situation, etc?

Then finally, how would you rate his work ethic?  On tape it's pretty clear he's a 100% effort guy, gives his all every play. Outside of the games though, what's your read on his dedication to technical progression, fitness/training, and the mental side of the game?  

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Sorry, didn't really know what thread to post this in.

Had a couple questions regarding Ngakoue-

Having observed Yannick for the majority of his career I was wondering what you guys saw as his ceiling in terms of overall potential, and also why you think he took a step backwards in 2019?  Was it injuries, the situation, etc?

Then finally, how would you rate his work ethic?  On tape it's pretty clear he's a 100% effort guy, gives his all every play. Outside of the games though, what's your read on his dedication to technical progression, fitness/training, and the mental side of the game?  

I thought he had some Freeney potential.  I think some of his 2019 problems probably stemmed from the lack of extension/bs with coughlin.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I thought he had some Freeney potential.  I think some of his 2019 problems probably stemmed from the lack of extension/bs with coughlin.  

I mean he has a hamstring injury for the first several games. I don't think off field stuff had much to do with it...if anything that'd push him so he can get paid what he was asking/more than what he was asking the following off-season.

As far as ceiling it's hard to know. He's a very good player that I'd say can be/probably is a consistently top 10-15 pass rusher with a chance for more if you have a ton around him. The guy had Fowler, Calais, Malik Jackson, Dareus, and Josh Allen in different years all on that DL together with a pretty terrific secondary in 2017/2018. Luckily he's going into a similar if not better situation with you guys so I'm sure he'll eat again. 

He's not ever going to be Myles Garrett/Joey Bosa level imo, but I'd probably put him in that next tier of pass rushers right now (while also realizing he's not great in the run game).

• Like 1